Chapter 40: Lucy's Birthday

Hey everyone!

So today is Thursday, but we didn't have school because of some teacher workshop, which is fine with me, because that means I get to update earlier.

So here you go!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Natsu's POV~

I'm an idiot.

I can't believe I yelled at Lucy like that and just because I got nervous. She came just to say sorry and I basically kicked her out.

I looked at my desk where my present for Lucy sat. She was so close to seeing it, I had to make her leave.

I'd actually bought the gift a while ago for her birthday, and brought it with me on this trip because I knew Lucy's birthday would take place during the trip.

The only reason it was sitting on my desk was because I was checking to make sure it was still in top condition, and sure enough it was.

And then Lucy suddenly burst in, and I didn't know what to do. So I panicked and probably hurt her again.

Great job Natsu.

I doubted she would forgive me but I had to try. I couldn't afford to lose her.

Once I put the present away safely, I walked over to Gajeel's room, knowing Lucy would be there.

She wasn't allowed to be in the girls' room for another 30 minutes, so she had to be there.

I knocked on the door and then entered without waiting for an answer.

As soon as I did, Lucy and Levy turned around to see who it was.

Lucy was wearing a beautiful red dress. It was sleeveless, with the skirt coming a little above her knees. Around her waist was a black belt, and her hair was down and curled.

She looked absolutely breathtaking.

"You know if you knock, you're supposed to wait for an answer," Gajeel informed me, coming out of the closet, holding a dress.

"I need to talk to you," I said to Lucy, ignoring Iron Bolts.

Lucy ignored me, and Levy looked at me with hate blazing in her eyes.

"Lucy is busy getting ready, so you'll just have to wait Natsu," Levy told me.

"Can I at least talk to you?" I asked Levy.

At the very least, I had to get her to understand.

Levy examined me for a few minutes while Gajeel looked between the two of us, as if deciding when he would jump in and save Levy.

But finally Levy sighed and said, "I'll be back."

Lucy whispered something to her and Levy whispered something back and smiled before making her way over to me.

We walked out the room and shut the door behind us.

"Look before you say anything, there's a reason for what happened," I told her.

Levy folded her arms across her chest.

"A lot has happened, what are you talking about?" Levy asked, an eyebrow raised.