Chapter 26: Preparations

Heya everyone!

So, I have no news today because it's summer and not much has happened so let's just continue on with the story. Hope you enjoy!

~Haazzel10
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Lucy's POV~

Most of the girls, including me, were scurrying around the room, trying to get the preparations for Game Night complete.

The problem was that Mira was in charge. That was never a good thing. I don't even know why we agreed to that.

The girls were anxious to the guys for their own reasons. Levy was afraid to see Gajeel after what had happened at the mall yesterday. Erza was freaking out to see Jellal after the incident this morning at breakfast, and Juvia was still a bit nervous to actually talk to Gray after the beach incident from a few days ago.

I, on the other hand, was not looking forward to seeing Natsu. Every time I saw him, I always got mixed feelings that I could never seem to figure out. And especially after yesterday, I really wasn't ready.

Even though I had someone as great as Evyn, I still couldn't forget about that stupid fire wizard. And it certainly didn't help that I had to see him every single day.

The door opened and Erza hurried in, multiple bags in her hands, that were filled with snacks and drinks.

"Here you go Mira," Erza said as she lifted the bags onto the counter.

Mira nodded towards her as a thank you, and then brought her attention back to Happy, who was helping her plan something. I didn't know what is was, but knowing Mira, it probably had something to do with us.

"I'm going in my room. Call me when the boys get here or if you need something," Erza said to me.

"Sure." I nodded.

I hopped onto the counter, where Levy was baking something.

"What are you making Lev?" I asked her.

"Nachos and cupcakes," Levy replied with a smile.

"Interesting combo," I said with a slight laugh.

"Gajeel loves nachos," Juvia informed me.

"That explains it," I nodded.

"I'm making it for everyone!" Levy defended.

"Sure you are." I patted her shoulder and smirked.

Hints of pink made their way to Levy's cheeks. Yep, she was definitely making it for Gajeel.

"What about you Lisanna?" I asked, looking over Levy's shoulder.

"Burgers, pizza, and fries for dinner, with a chocolate cake for dessert," she answered, looking back at me with a slight smile.

"Won't Erza be angry that you didn't make strawberry cake?" I questioned.

"Probably," Lisanna answered ever so calmly.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. I opened it, revealing Jellal standing there with a few bags in his hands and a smile on his face.

"Hey Jellal. We weren't expecting the guys for at least another thirty minutes," I greeted.

"Hey. It's just me. I thought that I would come over and lend a hand," Jellal informed me.

Although that did sound like something Jellal would do, I still doubted that that was why he was actually here.

"Oh, thanks." I stepped to the side of door, allowing him to come in.