Chapter 30: The Perfect Moment

Hey everyone!

Surprise surprise! Isn't it a bit of an earlier update than usual? Yep.

I don't know if you guys have noticed but I do my updates within a certain period of time. Anyone notice that?

It's alright if you didn't because I didn't expect you to, but I just really wanted to get this chapter out there, and I think you all will like it.

So, I hope you all enjoy!

~Haazzel10
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Natsu's POV~

The car ride to the amusement park was no longer than twenty minutes, and it wasn't too bad since Wendy cast the Troia spell on Iron Bolts and I.

Even though we got there around lunch time, the line to enter was really long. We all stood in line, anxiously waiting to enter the park.

"I'm going to go get drinks from the vending machine. What would everyone like?" Lucy asked.

When she had gotten everyone's orders, she headed off to get the drinks, and I followed her, because I was dying to know what she and Evyn talked about last night.

I ran up to catch up with her, tapping her shoulder once we reached the vending machines. She spun around, looking up at me in surprise.

"Natsu," Lucy said.

"Hey," I grinned, giving her a wave.

She recovered from the shock quickly, bringing her attention back to the drinks she needed to buy.

"Do you need something?" she asked me, not bothering to greet me back.

"Yeah, can we talk?" I asked, hopefully.

"I'm listening."

"I have a question."

"Okay, hit me."

"What did Evyn talk to you about, last night?"

Lucy stopped what she was doing and looked up at me.

"Why does it matter?"

"Just tell me."

Lucy sighed. "Evyn asked me to go on a picnic with him since we haven't been spending much time together."

I stared at her. "And you said?"

"I said yes, obviously. He's my boyfriend, and he's right, we haven't been spending much time together."

Lucy went back to buying the drinks, placing them in a plastic bag as she did.

I grabbed her arms, making her face me.

"I want to come," I said, firmly.

Lucy rolled her eyes at me like I was some annoying kid. "You can't, it's a date."

"But I want to! We haven't been spending much time together either."

"But you aren't my boyfriend," Lucy pointed out.

Okay, I'll admit. That one stung. Really bad.

"Please?" I pouted.

"No."

"Please!"

"Nope."

"Please, please, please, please, please?"