Chapter 35: The Fight

Hey everyone!

How is everyone doing today? Good, I hope.

I wanted to update on Friday, just because that's my usual update day, but I decided to update today instead since I finished my homework early, so here you go!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Levy's POV~

"Is everyone here?" Mira asked.

"I can't believe we're actually doing this," I whispered to Lucy.

"I'm just as scared as you are Lev, trust me," Lucy whispered back.

"Scared of what?" An all too familiar voice asked.

I looked back to see Gajeel standing behind me.

"The activity for today. Levy's scared out of her mind, but you'll help her get through it, right Gajeel?" Lucy smirked.

Gajeel placed his hand on my head and chuckled. "If Pipsqueak here needs some help, I can do that."

I felt my cheeks burn up, and shot a glare towards Lucy who just shrugged in return.

Once Mira had confirmed that everyone was here, we filed onto the bus, taking three per seat.

Lucy had invited Evyn, which was bound to cause some problems. I couldn't even sit next to Lucy because she sat with Evyn, and Natsu took my spot next to them, so I ended up sitting next to Gajeel.

The drive to our first location was about twenty minutes, so it wasn't too bad.

Once we got there, the boys jumped out of the bus and ran towards the top of the waterfall.

Mira had to drag Wendy, Lucy and I out of the bus, and towards the guys. Erza, Lisanna, and Juvia had been very excited from the beginning, which I didn't find hard to believe.

We all crowded around the edge, waiting to see who would go first.

"Multiple people can jump at once, so whoever wants to go can go!" Mira called from behind us, as she made her way to the group with Laxus at her side.

Natsu, Gray, Jellal, and Erza all jumped at once and landed in the water below, and Juvia followed them.

I couldn't believe how easily they had jumped, considering how far up we were. There was only one explanation. They were crazy.

Natsu and Gray jumped out of the water, and raced back up to where we were, while Jellal and Erza walked at their own pace, hand in hand, with Juvia trailing behind them.

I thought it was a really adorable sight until Erza summoned her sword and threatened the boys with it.

I glanced beside me to see Evyn trying to convince Lucy to jump with him. After a few minutes, Evyn held out his hand and Lucy accepted it, as they jumped off together.

I could see the two laughing as they got out of the water, and when I looked behind me, I saw a fuming Natsu, and a pleased Gray.

But I had a feeling that Natsu wasn't angry because he had lost the race. It was something else. It was the reason he lost the race.

"So are you going to jump or what?" A familiar voice asked me.

I looked to my left to see Gajeel standing next to me, with his arms crossed against his chest, and a smirk playing on his lips.

He found it amusing that I was scared to jump.

"If that was a joke, then it wasn't a very good one," I answered, my eyes trained on the small body of water that the waterfall emptied into.