Part 5: Request #3

I don't know if this is what you'll call open ending but yeah...sorry if this might be suck-ish coz I fast wrote this but anyway, here's the 

anon request:  Imagine where y/n is scotts beta, and have been for a while but still isn't good at controlling herself. But Brett helps her?

Hope you guys like it!

~~~

"I think it's been long enough," You heard Brett outside as you sat inside the boathouse chained up, waiting for anyone to remove it on you.

"Yes, it's long been enough." You called out in agreement; sitting up against a wall and making your chains make a clinking noise as you moved.

"I'm in control, don't worry." You added shortly, assuring your alpha knowing that he had this expression on his face that he wasn't sure if he should trust you.

Once you saw Brett enter, you chirped a thank you towards Scott who trailed behind the taller werewolf.

"Total control?" Scott asked.

"Yes," you answered while Brett undid the chain on your hand, the top of his hair unknowingly tickling your cheek in the process.

"Alright," Scott looked at you and made sure you were okay before saying that he'll go ahead to check on Liam and Malia.

Once Brett puts the rest of the chains in the bag after taking the last from your ankle, you stood up from the floor and sighed finally moving freely without the heavy restraints and making your way to a chair, waiting for Brett to finish packing before you head back to the house.

"You sure you're okay?" You heard Brett ask as he packed up the last of the chains and zipped the bag.

"Yes,"

"Show me your hands," Brett said with a serious tone, making your heart skip a beat because of the look he had on his face when he said it as he turned to face you before crossing his arms over his chest.

You hesitated for a while, still fisting your hands in the pockets of your sweater and debating to do what he says but eventually gave in, putting your hands out with open palms and seeing bloody crescent-shaped marks on your palm.

"Total control, huh?" he mocked, but the worry in his voice still heard as he moved to squat in front of you and take your hands in his warm ones.

"Ok, so I'm still having trouble," you admitted, your face saddened before looking down and seeing that you would resort to this kind of method to help you with control. Brett simply knew you well enough to see if you were lying or not, since you were closest to him in and out of school and of the pack.

"No," you heard Brett say, making you look up to face him in surprise. "You're still learning."

"What do you do to stay focus and not change?" He asked, his hands still cupping yours as it healed leaving only blood on it.

"This-the pain keeps be distracted," you raised your hands. "And I've tried doing the chant you and your pack does and it doesn't work." You explained, suddenly feeling frustrated that made your eyes glow a yellow for a second before fading back to their natural color.

"How about an anchor?" He asked.

"I don't have one," you suddenly felt the frustration build up in you again at the thought of as to why until now you haven't found an anchor, making you clench your hands once again and feeling the claws puncture to keep you in control.

"Hey, hey." Brett's voice sounded panicked as he tried to pry your hands open and stop you from hurting yourself any further. "Maybe you just haven't found it yet."

"Just think of something - or someone that-that has a strong connection to you." He said, all the while trying to open your hands that were clenched hard making blood seep out.

"Concentrate on something or someone that keeps you human." With labored breaths, you listened to Brett's heartbeat as he talked to you with a calming voice. Unconsciously unclenching your fists, you then a cool breeze against it and you knew you were making progress.

"An anchor that keeps you grounded but won't weigh you down." He continued, now holding your hands and not minding the mess you made as he rubbed his thumbs right on the pulse of your wrists in a comforting manner, calming you even more; your heart occasionally making a flutter at how close you felt the werewolf in front of you practically feeling the heat coming off of him.