Part 10: Request #7

anon request: can i have one where y/n has to comfort brett after he confesses that he's scared she'll leave him for liam? a lot of fluff please! thank you! xx

I enjoyed writing the request for some reason :3 Hope you enjoy!

~~~

"Good luck on the game, Liam." You hugged the young werewolf before heading off to the other side of the Cyclones team.

"What was that?" Brett asked, fixing the shoulder pads he put on.

"What, am I not allowed to say good luck to a friend?" You say with your hands on your hips with a look of disbelief.

You were still getting used to this jealous Brett, but you knew that he knew where your heart was, so he shouldn't be. He continued tying any loose strings on his gear, ignoring you and looking a bit troubled by the looks of his furrowed brows.

"Hey," you called his attention, cupping his face in your hands making him look to you. "Good luck," you said, smoothing the worry lines in between his brows with the pads of your thumbs before tiptoeing and kissing it. It was something the both of you grew accustomed to doing before every game he played-you kissing the spot between his brows, and him saying that it was his lucky charm in which he proved it to you when you weren't present in one of the games he played in, the Devenford prep team lost.

Going back to the bleachers where Malia and Lydia were, you took your seat between them and cheered for both teams as the game went one. You'd noticed that from time to time, Brett would get distracted when you'd cheer for Liam, but you'd soon cheer for him in which he just shrugged it off and continued to play.

"Wow, that hurts," Malia commented, making you look to where she was looking.

"Why, what happened?" You asked, seemingly too busy looking at the scoreboards if they were correct and following the game and the leads.

"Brett and Liam again," She answered. "As usual."

You could only sigh, watching the referee whistle them out and get benched for the whole quarter. You took your phone out and texted him.

What was that?

He replied immediately.

What was what? I was just playing the game.

Playing the game or breaking Liam in half?

After a few minutes of him not replying, you texted him again.

We'll talk later.

~~~

Cheering as Beacon Hills Cyclones won the game, you, Lydia and Malia –and surprisingly Mason- ran down the bleachers to the players and cheered for them louder. Getting into the McCall pack group hug, you congratulated the players of the gang and hugged each one.

"Let's go grab some pizza to celebrate," Scott announced to the pack, making all of you cheer only to remember that you were with Brett and that he'd probably go home after a game their team lost.

"You guys go ahead, I'll be at the pizza party next time," you said your goodbyes to them as they headed back to the parking lot while you made your way to the opposing team's bleachers to see Brett already in his change of clothes and packing his lacrosse gear.

"Good game," you said as you approach your werewolf, who seemed grumpy and not in the mood-which was expected since the good luck charm shockingly didn't work this time. "Let's get you home, big guy."

Draping an arm around your shoulder, you wrapped an arm around his waist and made your way towards the parking lot where there were now only few cars left including yours; parked by a lamp post that spotlight-ed the car. Pulling the lever by the driver's seat, the trunk of the car unlocked and Brett put in his gym bag and equipment bag in before closing it and headed to the passenger seat in front. Buckling your seatbelts, you started the car and looked to your right.

"Hey, you okay?" Yes, it was a silly question but since Brett was more awfully quiet this time, you started to worry.

"Uh yeah," he looked at you before looking back to the window and watched the trees getting thicker as you drove.

"It's okay, Brett." You knew he was bummed out about the game, so you just held his hand as you drove down the familiar road towards your house.

Once home, your worry towards him was still there since he kept to himself and would not even look at you. When you were done getting ready for bed, you found him downstairs lying on the couch idly going through channels. He looked tired, but mostly sad.

"Brett, what's wrong?" You asked worriedly, approaching the sofa and sitting on the arm of it, combing your fingers though his hair making him sigh in response.

"I-I'm just worried-scared actually." He started. That made you suddenly worried, Brett doesn't usually get scared, it was typically him doing the scaring.

"About?"

"About you leaving me," You were shocked at what he said which made you silent for a while making Brett look up to you from his lying down position.

"Why would you be scared about that?" you asked. "And who would you think I will leave you for?"

"Liam," He answered not looking at you.

"L-Liam?" you suddenly felt weird at the thought of Brett having those thoughts about you. "Why him?"'

"Y/N, I see the way you interact with him-"

"You see, but you don't know what I feel about him." You cut him off, now scooting beside him. "He's like a brother, you're the boyfriend."

He only looked at you, still unsure.

"I don't do relationships outside a relationship." You added, assuring him that made his facial expression seemed lighter. "Plus you're Brett Talbot, for crying out loud."

This made Brett laugh and you as well, you didn't know this side of Brett being something different than jealous, something more of a self-doubt or an uncertainty in him.

"I love you, okay?" you said after the laughter died down, before putting your lips to his in which he responded immediately with much enthusiasm.

"Don't ever doubt that?" you said when you pulled away, pulling him into a hug and after a while of idly watching soap operas on the screen and you running your fingers through Brett's hair, you heard a soft snore coming from him.

You could only smile before kissing his hair and falling asleep yourself.