Part 63: Creature Preference (PART 2)

Creature Preference: Mermaid

Sorry for not updating, not sure if some of you were aware but our country is having quite the monsoon and has been flooding some areas, ours included. Not much but enough for us to be busy around the house to remove as much water as we can out of our home. And I don't know how much I'll be updating for the coming weeks because our weather forecast is expecting two typhoons headed our way :(( We're used to it, but I don't want other people suffering anymore because of water flooding and destroying their homes ;(

This was longer than what I expected lol, well I guess it compensates with the short imagine before this :D Hope you guys enjoy this one, I tried to make a small background story for this in my head and I hope it went well. This is much more different than the one I wrote over on my Isaac Lahey imagines blog :) And I actually enjoyed writing this.

~~~

"Are you okay?" Brett asked turning around to find you doubled over with your hands on your knees, the actions you seem to keep repeating over the period of your 'walk'-it was more of a jog for you – didn't go unnoticed as you tried to keep up with the long-legged werewolf on his so-called morning walk before school.

You were mad at him as of the moment, it wasn't even a school day and he was making you do this instead of sleeping in until lunchtime. You've managed to finish every school work the night before so wouldn't have to wake up early the next day to do it, it was some sort of a reward to yourself for being able to finish before anyone over the weekend.

"Yeah," you answered as you tried to get your breathing back to normal, your hands trying to massage your calves. "Just a little out of breath."

"Well, you wouldn't be if you weren't on your ass all day and always in your room, not being outsi-"

"Hey!" You called out as you looked up with eyes that squinted a little because of the sunlight, stopping him from further scolding you like a child. "I have my reasons, alright?"

You had your brows furrowed as your face glistened with sweat under the morning sun, your cheeks were more flushed than before after several laps around the small subdivision you lived in. Brett only scoffed at this and walked back a few feet to where you were, leaning down and looking at your tired and out-of-breath state.

"Keep up just a little longer, we're almost to your place." He said, in a manner that you found somewhat comforting and yet pushy with the way he leaned back to his full height and pulled you up by your bicep before holding your arms from behind and giving you a good push to continue the walk.

Damn, this athlete. You thought as you groaned before finally feeling the last bit of shove of adrenaline in your system and finally being able to make it home alive, Brett cheering you on with a smile as he secretly observed the view from behind.