Part 16: Request #13

Imagine is like a sequence of flashbacks(i guess?) You'll see these dashes "--" that separates the narration and the flashback)So basically a lot of you requested Y/N to be (this is a summarized version of the requests): 1) [super]shy 2) quiet 3) unpopular 4) never has been in a relationship before 5) thinks it's a joke when Brett asks her out 6) unsure/scared of getting in a relationship with him 7) Brett head over heels for the reader and lastly, 8) him being in control(?) of the relationship.That sums about everything.  

~~~

At first you thought it was a joke they were playing on you-Brett Talbot and his teammates that is. The way that they'd play a game on a person-you, for that matter-who's quiet and would mostly keep to herself or would appreciate it very much if you were with your friends.

--

Waiting for a friend who was training for the track and field, you sat on the bleachers with your current read in hand-the occasional yells of coaches and lacrosse players made you look up to see what was happening, but not really caring whatever it was. It's just the noise that gets your attention. But what happened next got your full attention.

With loud calls and shouts, something hit the chain link fence behind you making you jerk in surprise at the noise and the vibration when it hit. Turning to your side with eyes wide, you saw a lacrosse ball bouncing down the steps.

"Hey, you okay?" Looking down, your eyes landed on Brett and immediately you somehow felt your cheeks reddened at the sight of him half naked and only in sweats.

Dear god, does he always practice like this? You thought to yourself, not really complaining per se.

"Uh, yeah, I-I'm okay," you stuttered, giving him a small smile in assurance and trying not to stare at his bare chest and the toned muscles-ugh damn it.

"You sure?" He asked again, now already making his way up to you and making you feel nervous for some reason.

"I-I'm okay, really." You said, trying to wave off his worried tone.

"Alright," he looked at you, still unsure whether to believe before reaching down for the rubber ball that has bounced down at least 2 steps from where you were. "I'll see you later then,"

See you later? What?! Where?-wait, oh right, classes. You thought to yourself and realizing you did have classes with Brett Talbot later. Just before he took another step down, he turned towards you with a knowing smile.

"You're Y/N, right?" He said a bit hesitantly, surprising you that he knew your name. "Y/N Y/L/N?"

"Yeah,why?" You asked, curious as to how he knew your name and why. No one would usually notice the girl who sat silently behind the class, usually it would be you who knew everyone since you were one of those 'silent observers.

"Nothing, see you later." He gave you a smile and went down the steps and back to his lacrosse practice.

--

You were so sure that they were playing a game on you-very sure. A game where this well-known guy –Brett-would ask this shy and quiet girl –you- out and then right in the middle of the 'relationship', right when the girl is sure that this is the Mr. Right she was looking for, the guy would call it off and say that it was just a game, just for laughs for the peers.

But they were different. Brett was different.

--

"Brett? As in Brett Talbot?" You friend asked as she sat on your bed, you looking at your mirror and trying to figure out what to do with your hair.

"Yes, that Brett Talbot." You answered, the feeling of him asking you to go with him to their victory party still not sinking in.

After an hour, it was almost time for Brett to arrive and pick you up but until now you were still having second thoughts of going since it would obviously be full of stuck up snobs and just prideful people boasting whatever new they owned.

"Brett," you called, climbing down the stairs as your friend who was at the door was talking to the lacrosse player.

"Y/N-wow." Was all he could say when his eyes landed on you, making you feel conscious as he stared.

"Hey, eyes up here, player boy." You friend snapped her fingers in front of Brett, making you elbow her in the rib for the name calling. This got his attention before he chuckled in embarrassment. You loved your best friend to bits, and she was usually right when it comes to boys-so this made you nervous since there were tons of candidates linked to Brett but he never really confirmed any of it.

"Sorry," he apologized with a smile. "You look amazing," He turned to you and offered his arm for youto take before making your way down to his car waiting in front.

When Brett told you that you were almost to the venue, this made you start to feel 10 times nervous making your palms feel sweaty as you fiddled with casing of your phone.

"You okay?" He asked, glancing your way while his hand held yours and the other steering the wheel.

"Just nerves, I guess." You said, feeling kinda silly making him smile.

"They'll love you," he assured, intertwining your fingers with his before bringing your hand up to his lips to kiss your knuckles as he turned to a corner.

You honestly thought wrong about his friends once Brett lead you to his group of friends and his friends' dates.

"Wow, Brett," a girl spoke up when you entered what seemed to be a study, before she gave a quick hug to the tall boy beside you who still was holding your hand tight. She turned to you with a warm smile before hugging you as well.

"Glad you could come," she spoke when she pulled away.

Once you were introduced to the rest of the people in the room, you watched as what you thought earlier of the 'stuck up snobs and just prideful people boasting whatever new they owned' were totally the opposite of who these people were.

--

Though Brett kept showing and saying that he loved you, you were still hesitant whether to further the relationship you had. You still had the thought of this relationship being a fling or a game played, and you were inexperienced with whatever people do in a relationship; innocent would probably be the accurate word. But Brett won't hear any of it.

--

"Why me?" you asked, looking to the boy beside you.

"The million dollar question," He said jokingly, glancing your way before looking back to the lacrosse field and the players practicing.

"Why me, Brett?" you repeated, trying to ask the questions that kept bugging you in your head and to confront him-after mustering up all the courage you had- if he did have a plan and if this thing going on between the two of you was just for laughs. "Out of all the girls in Devenford Prep, why me?"

He looked at you, as if in disbelief at what he was hearing, before opening his mouth and closing it again, not a word came out.

"Is this a game you're playing with your friends?" When those words left you mouth, you felt like you wanted the earth to swallow you now. You saw Brett's eyes widened at that, before he turned his full attention to you with a sad look.

"Is that what you think this is?" You heard and saw hurt in him as he said it.

"Well, I-I can't help the thought, seeing that usually people like you don't go for the likes of me," you said, feeling even more bad.

"Y/N, I go for the likes of you," he said, moving closer to you, and you practically feeling the warmth radiating off of him. "Specifically you, and only you."

"Don't think that this is a game, because it's not." He said in seriousness. "I love you, alright?"

Cupping your face, he pulled you in for a kiss. You were surprised at first and hesitant before you responded to his lips coaxing yours to move and kiss him back.