Part 6: Request #4

Here's your request :) Hope this wasn't too suck-ish coz i fast wrote this and apparently my laptop is not cooperating with me -_- Hope you guys like this!

anon request 1: First of all, just wanted to say that I love this blog and your writing!! Secondly, if I could possibly request one where Brett pushes you away and tries to block you out but then realises that you're his anchor and he needs to make it up to you? I don't know... Something like that haha

anon request 2: Reader finds out that she is Brett anchor :) 💚

~~~

You didn't know what you did wrong to be honest.

A few days ago he was fine-he was even being sweet- but now, he's quiet and distant towards you for god knows what reason. Looking to your right towards several lockers down from yours, you saw Brett packing his things in them and taking out a few books. Quickly zipping your bag up and closing your locker, you walk towards Brett.

"Brett," you called him, but you knew that he already heard you with his werewolf senses as you approached him.

"Y/N, I can't talk right now," He said, not even looking at you and just continued taking things to and from his bag and locker.

"No, Brett," you retorted. "We need to talk. What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" He repeated, now looking at you. "What's wrong is that I'm late."

"For what?" You asked a bit hurt, knowing that he was trying to get away from you again. "Brett I know that you don't have any more classes today."

"I have lacrosse practice-"

"That's not until 4:30 and it's just 3pm," you said, looking at your wrist watch then to the tall build werewolf in front of you.

"So? I want to get a head start." He said, putting the last book in his locker from his bag.

"Brett, you know that I know that you don't do any 'head start'." You air quoted, suddenly mad at his lame excuses to get away.

"Well now I do," he said. "Will you-can you just leave me alone?" You eyes widened at what he said.

"Just for once, Y/N," He added. "Just until I get my sht together." your eyes were still wide at his choice of words, as he was now closing his locker's door before walking away without a second glance, leaving you to watch his retreating figure go through the crowd of students.

Feeling more clueless than ever on what's happening to Brett and why he's acting like this, you sighed with more tears starting to fill the rim of your eyes, accepting the thought of maybe it would probably concern the pack having a big problem.  Breathing in deep, you willed the tears back and walked to class with the thought that maybe you should step back a bit and let Brett have his way. Feeling more sad when the thought of you being another burden on Brett when he had already a lot on his plate with his pack duties.

~

Sitting on one of the benches in the field, Brett seemed to be distracted which ended him up being benched from practice. He didn't even know being benched for practice was possible!

Looking down, he thought back to what happened a few days ago during a full moon. He didn't expect that things would suddenly change, making him unprepared and bare the uncontrollability again of being a werewolf under the influence of the full moon. When he thought of his anchor, he surprised himself when all he can think of was you, and why you were his. Feeling a heavy weight on his chest, his train of thought went back to what happened just a while ago and how he acted towards you.

"Son of a..." he growled, kicking on the grass as he gripped on the bench, his claws suddenly making an appearance. Your face quickly appeared in his mind and made him will back the claws and control his labored breaths.

Standing up, Brett quickly went back inside and searched for you, ignoring the coach's call of his name as he ran towards the doors of the school. Thankful that there only few classes left going on inside, Brett searched for your classroom and peaked through the glass window and seeing that you and the other students were taking a quiz.

Once you were finished with the last question of the test, you idly looked around to see who else was done when you saw Brett's face appear on the door's window. Your heart skipped, making you both happy to see him, and sad that you would be trying to give him space and deal with whatever he is dealing with at the moment. But confused when you saw him gesture for you to come outside.

With brows furrowed, you tried to make up what he was saying-which went on for about 10 minutes before you received a text.

I need to talk to you  

Standing up from your seat, you went ahead and took your things with you on the way to pass your test paper to the teacher staying on the desk checking the other sections' papers. Once you exited the classroom, you look around to see where Brett went only to be pulled away from the door's window view and to a wall.

"I'm sorry," You heard Brett say, seeing the sincerity in his eyes as he said it. But you won't fall for it, you were hurt and a sorry won't make it up.

"I know that a sorry won't cover me and what happened a few days ago." He continued, as if reading your mind. "But-"

"Brett, it's okay," you cut him off. "I understand you need your space and you have your pack duties to deal with."

"I don't want to be another burden to you so it's f-"

"A burden? No!" he exclaimed. "You don't understand."

"But I do, the way you acted a few days ago." You contradicted. "I know now your first priority would be the pack and it's okay."

"No, my first priority is you, Y/N." He stated, cutting you off with your next reply, his hands now holding yours tight. "You're my anchor, Y/N."

You thought back to the times when Brett told you about them being werewolves and having anchors, anchors where they keep them human when they change during a full moon-something that will pull them back to their humanity.

"But I thought-"

"You thought wrong." His face seemed to grow closer to you. "And I'm so sorry for acting the way I did. I was just confused at how I felt."

You let go of Brett's hands before you tiptoed and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"I'll make it up to you, I promise," You heard him say, feeling his breath on the shell of your ear as he wrapped his arms around you tight.