Part 25: Request #22

Hope this imagine goes well even though it's short (so sorry about that) :)

~~~

'I shouldn't have read that book.' You thought over and over again as you felt yourself being picked up from the ground and carried from the field to a room, your chest tightening as your lips started to pale and your vision cloudy.

"Y/N, hey. Look at me," a voice called. "Y/N,"

"Brett, what's happening?"

"I don't know!"

Trying to fight off what you just saw, you forced your lungs to take in as much oxygen with a gasp and before you knew it, your sight changed into Brett's face looking at you with a worried look that mirrored the faces of the others in the background.

Tears started to fill the rim of your eyes blurring your vision as you felt yourself being enveloped in a hug, a hand rubbing your back in a comforting manner. Stiles and Lydia made their way towards you as Brett helped you up on a bench in the girls' locker room.

"Breathe," Brett said with a hand cupping your face, squatting in front of you so you he was on eye level with you.

"Y/N?" Lydia called, holding your hand as she sat beside you and waited for you to respond.

Still staring off into space, you tried to gather yourself and understand what just happened and what you saw but you only ended up with tears flowing down your cheeks uncontrollably. Trying to wipe as much of the waterworks, Brett only wrapped his arms around you tight and just stayed there while Lydia took Stiles out of the locker room to head off to Scott to tell him what happened.

"It's okay," he whispered, pressing his lips on your temple then your cheeks.

"It's not," you spoke up, your voice cracking. "It's going to get worse, and you-"

"I won't leave you," Brett interrupted, pulling away and cupping your cheeks before he pecked your nose and looked at you with eyes that made you believe him for a second.