Part 14: Request 11

Anon Request: Could you possibly write something about how Brett's been taking care of his younger sister since the fire and is really protective of her please? (I have a massive soft spot for sibling relationships)

Lori and brett imagine..somehow :) so this'll be somehow in your point of view but not literally though and you and Brett are together here. Also change of age for Lori she'll be somehow the same age as the cutie patootie you see in the gif :) Another imagine after 3 hours of this imagines book being updated. 

~~~

Brett was forced to grow up in a short period of time, you were sure of that.

Though he already warmed up to the married couple who took the both of them under their roof after Satomi took Lori and him in her pack, he'd still be watching over Lori like a hawk and almost never leaving her side.

Making funny faces at his sister, you watched from the couch as Brett, seated on the floor in front of his sister, gave a soft laugh at Lori's giggle. After the fit of giggles coming from the toddler stopped leaving a smile, Lori, who was lying on her stomach, turned to the Samoyed beside her and pet the white pooch before leaning her head against the soft fur coat with a content sigh. You still remembered how Brett was when their parents decided to get a dog, usually it would be the kids asking for a pet but at the moment, their new mom and dad wanted to spoil them rotten since the folks always wanted kids. And it was also the day you met your boyfriend.

~flashback~

You heard your mom's rushed footsteps sounding on the wooden floors as the door of the house opened, a faint gasp reaching your ears when you heard the group of people your mom accompanied entered the living area-it wasn't the typical living area since it was now turned into a dog's playroom.

You turned your attention to the people with a smile, your eyes landing immediately to the tall boy who seemed to be about your age and the little girl he was carrying on his shoulders. Small yelps suddenly erupted from the large play pen at the sight of the little girl rushing towards where the fluffy clouds with legs were, the boy just trailing behind.

"Well aren't you excited," you commented, kneeling down to the same height as the little girl who was looking at the litter of puppies with wide eyes and her mouth agape.

"Lori, not too close," the boy said, lightly tugging on the back of her jumper to pull her away from the play pen.

"No, it's okay," you said, seeing that the kid was starting to get fussy about getting pulled away from the pups. "They won't bite," you smiled, looking up to the person before standing up.

"I'm Y/N," You said about to offer a handshake to be interrupted with a question.

"Y/N, can I have that one?" The little girl spoke up, looking up to you and pointing to a Samoyed puppy at the far corner of the pen.

"Lori, not yet," the boy mumbled before carrying her up in his arms. "I'm Brett, by the way."

"And this," Brett gestured to the girl who was whining and squirming to get down. "Is my sister, Lori."

Getting to the kitchen and joining in whatever your mom and their mom was talking about on taking home one of the pups, you listened and answered any questions and concerns they had, Lori who was happily humming on Brett's knee as she idly listened, glad at the thought of a pup running around with he.

After a while of talking, Brett or anyone didn't notice that Lori was making her way towards the doggie playroom. And before you knew it, you saw Brett's eyes widen and made his way towards the room at the sound of small scream and a dog barking. Immediately following behind him, you saw Brett carrying Lori in his arms as the mother dog barked and barked, the puppies copying their mom.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" You heard Brett asked Lori, pulling the loose strands of hair on his sister's face as you went towards the larger dog and tried to calm her barking.

"Oh my god, is she alright?" "Lori, are you hurt?" You heard the mothers ask behind you, nervous at the sight of Brett's worried expression plastered on his face as he looked at his sister.

"Lori?" you saw their mom approach the two with the same worried expression on her face.

"Brett, stop." The little girl whined, trying to push away Brett's hands and push herself out of her arms. "We were just playing."

At that, you heard the dog beside you bark happily, her tail wagging. Brett looked shocked, the moms also in the room looking just as shocked, as Brett gave in and put Lori back on her feet and rushing towards you and the dog.

"What's her name?" Lori asked, petting the dog and scratching it behind the ears.

"Her name's Marie," you said, lightly giggling at how funny you all looked-worried and concerned since Brett was the one to start when he suddenly rushed out of his seat in the kitchen with the look of terror.

~end of flashback~

"Cody!" You heard Lori call to the puppy before making a run out of the living room of their house, the little Samoyed chasing her around. Brett was also in it, running the same speed as his sister was and occasionally lifting her up, her in a fit of giggles, as the dog would eventually caught up to her.