Chapter 37

1 month later (may 3, 2015)

alison pov

we got back from paris around a month ago, maybe a little more.

A hasn't done anything but small threats. we don't speak of what happened though.

"good morning sharks. it is may 3rd and a wednesday. remember that the math league is sponsoring-"

i groaned, "god i hate announcements. it's not like anyone listens." i said to hanna and rolled my eyes.

they do announcements later in the day for some reason.

"get your tickets to the senior prom. "

my head shot up from my desk.

"this years theme is great gatsby. the date is june 12th, the day before graduation."

everyone groaned.

"great. now we can't get drunk the night of." hanna said.

everyone in the class laughed, even the teacher snickered.

"be sure to get your tickets before they run out! have a good day."

i sighed and hanna said, "has emily asked you yet?"

"nope. everyone already has a date. does emily even want to go to prom?" i said.

"ali i'm sure that she'll ask you. just start hinting prom to her. she's smart. she'll pick up. i'll help." hanna said to me.

"yeah. yeah that's not a bad idea." i said and smiled.

"thank you." she said and smiled proudly.

lunch

"so em. are you excited for prom?" hanna asked at lunch.

i looked at emily and she shrugged, "eh. i'm not really a prom person. probably not going."

i coughed on my pizza and she looked at me, "you okay?"

"huh? oh yeah yeah. just went down the wrong pipe. hanna can i talk to you?" i said.

"sure." she said and i dragged her to the bathroom.

"what do i do?! she doesn't want to go to prom!"

"alison relax. it's okay-"

"NO! i have been dreaming of prom since the 4th grade! and now the only person i want to go with doesn't want to go!"

emily pov

once alison and hanna were gone i smiled, "you think she bought it?"

caleb and the girls smiled, "yeah i think she did. when you said you don't like prom she almost passed out." spencer said.

"so how are you going to ask her again?" aria asked.

i smiled and made sure alison wasn't coming back.

"we're going to go for a walk to the kissing rock for dinner and at exactly 8 o'clock lights will light up that will say will you go to prom with me." i said.

they all awed, "oh em alison would love that."

"yeah-oh don't say anything she's coming back." caleb said.

they sat down and alison looked at me, "why don't you like prom?" she asked.

i shrugged, "i don't know. the dresses, dancing...it's so...pointless. everybody votes for a king and a queen. it's just stupid."

she nodded.

"but hey. why don't we have dinner tonight? kissing rock? we can have a picnic dinner." i said and smiled.