Chapter 168

Next Day (12/28/2034)

Alison POV

"What's your ideal heaven?" Emily whispered as I traced every inch of her back softly and slowly. I frowned, pausing my motions, "why ask that?" 

She hummed and slightly shrugged, "just curious. When we go into heaven...I have a picture in my mind of what it looks like...what's your perfect heaven Alison Lauren?" I sighed, looking at the wall and Emily turned to me, sitting up. I bit my lower lip and nodded, "we're teenagers again...reunited and we live in a gorgeous house, right on the beach...my mom is alive..."

Emily grinned and nodded, "that sounds amazing."

"What about you killer? What's your dream heaven like?" I raked my hand through her hair and she sighed, "I see you and I in a beautiful home on a field...close to a beach but also the grasslands. It's magical. The kids are there...including Eric." I teared up at that last part. I haven't heard that name in quite some time. "God Em...you remember him?" I whispered as I stroked her hair. She nodded, "how could I forget our son?"

I shut my eyes, clenching my facial muscles and nodded, "same here...god Em I miss him. I wanted him to be born. To be with us." She nodded and pulled me into her, kissing the top of my head so very lovingly and I just let my body lean against hers, taking in the warmth of her embrace. Emily's phone went off and she groaned, answering it, "hello?"

I watched as Emily frowned, "what?"

Her face went pale and she sat up in bed, "I'll be right over."

She jumped out of bed, throwing her uniform on, "Em what's going on!" She didn't stop. She frantically searched for her shoes and I threw them to her, "Emily tell me what happened," I begged and she stood up, putting her gun in her utility belt. "Tanner. She was murdered. They got a call and went to the church, her body hanging from the ropes of the bell."

I gulped, "I'm coming-" "Ali no it's not safe," "I'm coming," I said sternly and she sighed, nodding and I threw on a quick outfit, Emily grabbing my hand and dragging me to the car. "Elijah watch your sisters! We'll be back soon," Emily said and slammed the front door shut. When we got into her car she pulled a siren light and put it on top of her car, speeding through everyone.

Emily POV

"Spencer! What's going on?" I said as I ran over, Alison by my side. "God Ali you can't be seen here," Spencer whispered and I said, "she's with me. What happened?" I looked inside the church and there was blood everywhere. "Detectives say it wasn't the ropes that killed her. They found multiple stab wounds before a force shoved her off the top, landing in the ropes, already dead from the stabs." I looked at the body wrapped up in a body bag and the news reporters were all here. 

"Any suspects yet?"

"Nobody yet...but Em. You heard what Luna said. The game wasn't over. There's another A out there. And I bet good money this was him, or her."

I nodded and said, "well let's try to get any witnesses."

Skylar POV

"Vic!" I shouted and ran over to her. "Jesus, Skylar." Victoria ran to me and I hugged her tightly, "Where have you been?! I called you 20 times! You had me worried!" She said, shoving my chest. I nodded, "I know. I'm so sorry. I was so tired baby." I could tell she wanted to kiss me but she held back, due to the several pairs of eyes watching us.

I watched as the ambulance roared down the road, Tanner's body inside.

Flashback to the night before

I was walking behind Tanner and she stopped once she reached the inside of the church. "Freeze!" She shouted, holding her gun out to me. I smirked, my hands up in my full A outfit, mask and everything. "I wouldn't do that if I were you," I warned with my computerized voice. "Show yourself!" She ordered shakily and I sighed, leaning on a bench. "I'd rather do this," I ran to her and she went to shoot her gun but I took out the bullets prior to this meeting. I stabbed her in the stomach, making the woman scream out.

"Sorry but...you knew too much."

I stabbed her again and led her up the stairs. She shoved me off and I fell backwards, falling down the stairs and grunting as I scraped myself. I saw her sprinting up the stairs, holding her stomach in utter pain. "Come back! I just wanna play." I sprinted up after her, taking the knife with me and we stopped when we got to the top. She turned to me as I took my mask off and she gasped, "Skylar." "Shouldn't be a surprise. You knew, let's face it."

"Did I?" She asked, sarcastically, only making me chuckle. I twisted the knife in my gloved hands, "Oh Linda...sarcasm won't get you anywhere."

"What are you going to do Skylar? Kill me?" I nodded, "actually...that's exactly what I'm gonna do."

I plunged the knife into her shoulder, screams coming from her and I kneed her in the stomach where I first stabbed her. She fell to the ground, weakly clawing at my ankles and I sliced her cheek with the knife, then kicked her in the face. She coughed out blood and said, "w-why?"

I bent down, an amused shimmer in my eyes, "because...who doesn't like a good game?"

She glanced up at me, "y-you're i-insane...you'll get caught!" I only laughed at her comment, "don't you think I thought this through? Cameron thinks the game is his...it's mine now. And it will always be my game. He just opened me up to it."

"V-victoria...I know...you love her. She'll never...f-forgive y-you..."

I bit my lip, realizing that she was right...Victoria will hate me... I'll deal with that though. "She won't find out. Not when you're dead." I smiled and said one last time, "goodbye Linda Tanner." I rammed the knife into her chest, her eyes rolling back into her head as her eyelids shut. I ripped the knife out and put it in a plastic bag, making sure the blood was still on it and I lifted Tanner up, then threw her off the top of the church, only to see her get caught in the ropes, her body limp.

I smirked and put the baggie in my pocket. "That was fun."

End of Flashback

"It's okay...it's okay."

I glanced at Cameron who was smirking at me, gave me a nod of approval and I just nodded back, then shut my eyes as I let her love take me over. 

I will steal the game from him. I deserve it all.

I felt guilty as Victoria looked at me, tears filling her eyes, "what do we do? She was our only lead to A Sky!" I gulped at that statement. I don't want to do this anymore. Not when I'm hurting the only girl who has ever truly, truly loved me like she does. I know my moms love me to death but Victoria's different. She has always been the most special person in my life. The only one who actually, purely loved me, seeing through my flaws.

"I'm scared Skylar..."

I nodded, kissing the top of her head, "you're okay...you're gonna be okay." I rubbed her back and she just sniffled, "I love you...so much."

I stared at the cop cars, then smirked at them, trying not to laugh. When I met eyes with Karma she looked at me confused as to why I was smirking. I frowned again, pretending to be sad and I said, "I love you too Angel."

++++++++++++++++++++++++

DOUBLE UPDATE!

Cameron Uber A? See that one coming? I didn't...

of course i did.

hahaha

Skylar's having a little self-confliction there huh?

what do you think is up with Sky? How do you think this will end? :)

Review and comment!

~stay fearless~

caleigh <13