Chapter 144

Victoria POV

When I walked into the lunch room everyone was seated at their group's tables. Everyone has someone to sit with...and my apparently ex-friends are with each other, having the time of their lives at the popular table. When I walked over to them, using all of my small confidence I still have, it was instantly shut down. "What do you want." Cameron's icy voice sent shivers through me and his brown orbs sent daggers at me.

"Uh...I just thought-"

"That you'd sit with us? Think again." Karma said and I felt my eyes tearing up. I seeked some sort of help and when I looked at Skylar, she was clearly trying not to look at me while she ate her food. I looked at my brother but he wasn't even paying attention. He was sitting with Brooke Davis?! Is he shitting me?

Be nice Victoria. "Cheer practice today. You girls ready?" I said to Selena, Skylar and Brooke. When they looked at me I felt as if I wanted to crawl into a hole and just die there. "Uh yeah. Sure." Selena said and chuckled. "Alright well uh-" "Skylar is our captain now Victoria." Brooke said and smiled innocently. 

I scoffed and looked at Skylar, trying to get her to look at me, "Sky?"

"Look Victoria, you were gone and the squad needed a leader...a good one." She looked into my eyes finally and I pursed my lips, trying not to break down right there. "Right uh...so I don't get it...where do I stand on the squad?"

"On the stands. You're not longer on the squad. Go sharks!" Cameron said to me and smirked. "Skylar...is this...true? You're kicking me off?"

"I can't do this." She stood up and brushed past me and I backed up for her and I hit into Barbara, she's one of the fat girls in our school. "Watch where you're going fat ass!" Everyone cracked up when I fell to the ground, my food on my hair and I saw Skylar watching in misery, then ran out.

Cameron, Elijah, Karma, Selena and Justin were laughing at me, then Brooke was just staring at me sympathetically. She got up and walked over to me, "give me your hand." I stared at her, "why?"

"I'm helping you, that's why. Come on." I stood up and she walked me to the locker room and got clothes out. "I always have extra clothes. Period emergency or...Food in your case."

"Thanks." I went to the bathroom and changed. When I walked out and looked to the mirror I almost screamed bloody murder.

I'm everywhere and soon, you'll be nowhere

it was written on the mirror in red lipstick. "Brooke?! BROOKE!" I screamed and ran over to her, clearly startling her, "what?"

"Did you do that?"

"Do what?" She looked totally confused, and alarmed. It wasn't her...it couldn't have been. "Nevermind...sorry."

She smiled, "No problem." She reached into her locker and pulled a mirror out and applied lipstick...red lipstick.

Maybe she did do it. "Why did you help me exactly?" I questioned suspiciously and she chuckled, "cause nobody deserves to feel the way I know you feel. You deserve forgiveness. And although you haven't gotten it from the others, I really hope we can put our pasts behind us and be friends."

We never liked each other much. I never thought this moment would ever really happen. "Oh uh...yeah. I'd like that." I smiled, completely forgetting about my stalker and she said, "Here. you have food in your hair." She reached into my hair and pulled out the food, smiling and I sighed, "thanks."

"No problem."

When she threw the food out I stared at her and she clearly noticed, "what? Is there something on me?" She freaked out and looked around, making me laugh, "no. You're fine."