Chapter 175

5 Years Later

Victoria POV

I groaned as I woke up in my apartment. I looked at my phone and sat up when I had a missed call. I sighed and got dressed for work and went to the Hospital to visit Skylar before I went to work and I walked into her room, "hey you." I said and sat down.

She grinned, "hey beautiful." I smiled and placed my hand on her cheek, "are you excited?" She nodded and said, "you think I look okay?"

I chuckled, "you look gorgeous. As always. Now come on. If you want to come to work with me we gotta go."

She nodded, standing up and I had to sign the papers to get her discharged for the day until tomorrow morning. I grabbed her hand and felt her shaking. "Hey. Relax, you'll be okay."

She nodded, "I just...haven't been out of here in 6 years...people know my story."

I nodded, "I know. But you have me. I won't let anyone hurt you."

I opened the car door for her and I started driving us until we got to the hospital. "What about...them?"

"They don't know I've been seeing you..."

"What?" She looked at me, pain in her expression and I sighed, "don't give me that look Sky. I haven't talked to most of them in the past year or so. Elijah and Brooke got married, so did Selena and Justin...I just haven't talked to them in a while."

She nodded and we walked inside the hospital. "Victoria?" I heard my name and I tightened my grip on Skylar's hand as I checked my ID in and put my coat on. "Elijah?" I said and he walked over, "what the hell is she doing here?"

Skylar cringed behind me and I spoke up, "she's with me."

"What?! Are you crazy?!" 

I glared at him, "watch the words you use around her Elijah."

"No. What the fuck are you doing Victoria? She killed Karma. Tanner. She hurt all of us! She's psychotic!" Brooke ran over, "Honey relax please."

Skylar stood behind me and I knew she was trying not to cry. "Why are you here Elijah?"

He frowned, "I'm here for my pregnant wife."

I raised my eyebrows, "you're pregnant?" I asked Brooke and she nodded, smiling. "Yeah."

I grinned and said, "congratulations. Really. I'm so happy for you. Both of you."

"Congratulations Brooke..." Skylar whispered and Brooke smiled weakly, "thanks."

"Don't talk to my wife freak," Elijah hissed and I grunted, "stop it Elijah!" "How long have you been with her? Seeing her? Is that why you stayed here for UPenn? For her?" 

I gulped and said, "maybe I did. So what? I love her. Get used to it. Let's go Sky." I pulled her with me and she said, "they hate me."

"They need to get used to the fact that you're here and that you're finally getting out of that hospital."

We walked into one of the rooms I was assigned and I smiled, "hey Riss. How's my trooper?" I asked the girl as I walked in. She smiled, "I'm good. Just tired." I nodded, "yeah. But don't you worry kid. Everything will be over soon. Your parents here?" I asked as I did her daily checkups. She nodded, "they're in the cafeteria getting food. Who's this?"

I smiled, "this is Skylar Drake. She's my girlfriend."

Larissa smiled, "that's cool. She's the one you told me about right?" I nodded and Skylar chuckled, "you talk about me?"