Chapter 94

friday

emily pov

"you okay?" alison asked me as we sat in the waiting room.

i nodded, "yeah. just nervous."

she smiled and took my hand, "don't be. i'm right here em. we all are." she said.

"emily fields?" the doctor said.

i gulped and alison smiled, standing up.

"bye mommy. see you soon." the twins said and hugged me.

i kissed both of their heads and smiled, "bye guys."

i sighed and they got a stretcher for me.

alison kissed my lips, "em i'm right here okay? i'm not leaving your side. always." she said.

"and forever." i finished with a grin.

they rolled me towards the OR and alison followed until she wasn't allowed to anymore.

"i love you emily! you'll be okay." alison said.

i glanced back at her and smiled, "i love you too." i managed out before they got me on the operating bed and the doors shut.

they put a mask on me and gas went into my mouth and nose, making me breathe it in and i got more tired by the second until my eyes were fully shut.

alison pov

it's been 5 hours and emily still isn't out yet.

"should i be worried?" i asked.

"alison honey relax. this surgery takes time and effort and caution." ashley said.

i sighed, "yeah you're right i just...i can't help it. i never thought this day would come that my wife...my wife is getting a penis." i said breathlessly and sat down.

hanna rubbed my leg, "it will be okay. she's still the same emily alison. just different." hanna said and smiled slightly.

i sighed and closed my eyes, "i know. i just feel horrible. she has felt uncomfortable in her own body for a while but yet she never even told me." i said.

"she didn't really understand it until now alison." cece explained.

"yeah...i guess you'r-"

"emily fields?"

i stood up, "how is she?" i asked right away.

"good. the surgery went very well and was a success. she is in room 413. she will need plenty of rest and we have her on a few medications to ease the pain. if you'd like she can go home today but she'll need a wheelchair."

i gritted my teeth.

another wheelchair? perfect...

"she just needs it until the pain goes down a little bit."

i nodded and said, "thank you doctor."

we all made our way to emily's room, pam and wayne right beside me and the twins walking with justin, skylar and charlotte.

we walked into the room and emily was flipping through the channels until she reached basketball.

i chuckled, "hey you. how you feeling?" i asked.

she turned to all of us and smiled, "okay. it hurts though."

i nodded, "yeah the doctor said it would. but that's only for a little bit okay? a few days to a few weeks that's all. but you have medications and all of that good stuff." i said as i sat down and took her hand into my own.