Chapter 88

emily pov

"i'm happy we are back to us." i said as alison and i drank wine on the couch.

"i'm happy too baby. we're all a family again." she said and smiled up at me.

"now if i can just get a damned tryout." i said and chuckled.

"hey. you will. i know it. they'd be crazy not to give you anything emily. you deserve it. you've been working so hard." alison said to me.

just then my phone buzzed.

"hello?"

"emily...mike wilson. listen i heard you were looking for an opportunity to play ball again."

"yes sir?" i said, confused.

"well i have one for you. but it might not be exactly what you're thinking." he said.

i looked at alison and knitted my eyebrows.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"ohh." i said as the basketball players dunked over and over again.

fast paced game definitely.

there trampolines on the ground near the nets.

one guy crashed into another, i'm guessing on purpose. knocking him to the ground.

"god. that can't be good for my back." i said to elijah and cece.

"em that can't be good for anyone's back." cece said.

"this is the coolest thing i've ever seen! you have to do this mommy!" elijah cheered.

"yeah." i said and sighed, watching caleb go up and dunk the ball.

after the game and everyone cleared out i went onto the court, opening the gate to it.

"so...what are you thinking?" i asked cece.

"i don't know em...you need to talk to alison. not me." she said.

i sighed, "i know."

she chuckled, "look at that boy."

i turned around and saw elijah doing flips on the trampoline.

i smiled.

"he's just jumping around, having fun. i mean, after everything he's been through lately, he just keep going. won't let nothing beat him down. that's a strong kid right there." cece said.

i smiled and nodded.

"he gets that from his mom." i said.

"no. he gets it from both of you." she said.

"well, well. guess it's official. they will let anyone play in this league." caleb said.

i grabbed his hand and he pulled me into a hug.

"i see that." i said, laughing.

"how you doing caleb...with the whole...thing?"

"good em. good." he said and nodded.

"you remember cece right?" i said.

"hey cece. look. i'm really sorry for what i did. i was in the wrong. i was a jerk...mona and i split. turns out she wasn't my baby. and mona was using me, trying to hurt hanna and you guys. i really am sorry."

"yeah...it's okay. i'm sorry about mona. that sucks." she said.

"yeah. should've known that crazy bitch was up to something." he said.