Chapter 167

2 Days Later (12/27/2034)

Skylar POV

I followed her. I was running, chasing her. She reached a dead end, turning around with frightened eyes. "Please don't do this!" Victoria screamed out at me as I held a gun up to her.

She wiped her eyes, "you were my friend! More! I loved you! How could you do this to me?!" I just held my position and smirked, "easy really. I just got offered a position I couldn't deny. And look at where it got me. I have all of this...power. It's amazing Victoria. Really it is. Hell, now I know why my mother loved being A so much. It's incredible. It's a game that I can never lose. Cause it's my game now. I get to surprise people, scare them...make a huge puzzle for you bitches to figure out? It's the opportunity of a lifetime. And now, I will finally win the game once and for all." I cocked the gun back and Victoria breathed heavily, "please...Skylar don't do this! They'll know it was you! They know you're with me!"

I chuckled, "don't you think I thought this through. I have a plan Victoria...now...any last words?"

She sniffled, standing, powerless and said one last thing, "I love you."

I shot the gun at her, hitting her right in the heart, killing her instantly. 

I shot up in my bed, sweating and my chest rose and fell rapidly as my hands shook violently. I looked at my phone and had a few messages but one stood out.

Meet at the Lost Woods Resort ASAP. I'll be waiting.

There was an added link with the directions and I sighed, getting dressed and shoving my A clothes into a bag, then sneaking out through the window and I drove away. I got a sick feeling in my stomach.

I shot the gun at her, hitting her right in the heart, killing her instantly. 

I instantly shot my car around, driving to Victoria's and I didn't even knock. I had anxiety as I ran in. "Skylar?" Alison asked and I waved, then sprinted upstairs, "VICTORIA!" I shouted and opened her door. She jumped out of bed, "jesus Sky you scared the hell out of me!" I grabbed her, checking every inch of her body for scratches or cuts or bullet wounds. "Skylar...what's going on babe?" I sighed in relief, "god you scared me." I pulled her into me and hugged her tightly, "Skylar what's going on?"

I pulled away and cupped her cheeks in my hands, "never leave me...okay? I had the worst nightmare...y-you got hurt. Real bad and it was...because of..." I sighed, "just never leave me." I kissed her passionately and she grinned into my lips, kissing back until we pulled away and Alison came in, "is everything okay? Why were you freaking out?" She asked me and I chuckled, "sorry Aunt Ali...I just had a nightmare...got worried."

She nodded, "I understand."

I looked at Victoria who was playing with my hand in hers and I smiled, "I should get going. I got errands..." I bit my lip, knowing that it wasn't just errands. It was my job, my new identity. "Okay. I'll see you later?" I nodded and smiled, "I love you Angel," I said and took her face gently, pecking her lips softly, "my Pillow Lips." She giggled and I walked out of the room. "Mrs. Fields," I said, nodding and leaving the house.

Victoria POV

Mom grinned at me and I just blushed. "Angel?"

I bit my lip and giggled, "a nickname she gave me..." Mom crossed her arms teasingly, "uh huh. Pillow Lips?" I giggled more, blushing even harder. "Another nickname..."

Mom nodded and said, "when do you plan on telling your mother and Hanna and Cece?" I gulped. Wow. I didn't think of that... "Uh..."

Mom chuckled, "relax honey. Just...talk it over with Skylar. You'll figure it out." I nodded and sighed, sitting back on my bed.

Skylar POV

I arrived at the Lost Woods Resort and saw only one room light on. I walked to room 1 and when I walked in I gulped. It was filled with pictures. Everywhere. Of Victoria...there were masks, dolls...a dollhouse. I walked over to it, picking up dolls and I noticed this one right away.

Victoria

Blonde hair...yellow shirt...then the next one had to be Selena because of the preppy look, Brooke definitely with the sexier outfit, Karma with her red hair and me...in a black hoodie.

I looked at every inch of the room in awe. "You like what you see?" I turned around and grinned, "it's amazing."

A walked in and shut the door. "Thought I'd show you who I was...I can sense your loyalty..."

I nodded, "alright...and thanks. I think?" A chuckled and I started getting nervous but then the mask came off and I gulped. "Can I ask why?"

The real A chuckled and said, "Victoria has always been a bitch. Just like her mother. And those girls too. You all let her bully people left and right like it was no big fucking deal."

I frowned, "but then...what about your past? She trusted you. You were her friend."

"And you shouldn't care. Now let's move on. We have work to do. Follow me."

We sat at the computers and I saw Victoria talking to the others and they said, "what if we ask your Dad Victoria?"

"No way. He's been involved too much! I can't drag him in further. It's not fair. To him...or his boyfriend!" "I know but we need something. He has to know something."

I groaned, "we need to do something. Colton Haynes knows nothing but with them informing him he will do whatever her can to make Victoria and Elijah love him the way he'd always hoped. He could help them...we can't let this happen," I said, my gaze growing dark and sinister. "What do you propose?" 

I sighed, then looked down...Victoria will be crushed...but I have to do what I must! After all I'm doing this to protect her! How is this protecting her though? I can't help it...it's a drug...I just...can't stop it. No...I can't do that.

"My dad knows nothing anyways you guys. I will not let you bring him into this."

"Fine! What about Lieutenant Tanner?"

I clenched my jaw. Tanner...that bitch has been an asshole the second we met. She never liked me and I know it. She tried to accuse me of Victoria's death! I saw her yesterday and she was practically interrogating me. Wait...does she know something?

flashback to yesterday

I walked towards the church to meet up with my boss (A), but I saw Lieutenant Tanner walking over. "Miss Drake! A word please?"

Dammit... I stopped in my tracks and put on a smile, "of course. What do I owe the pleasure?" She shrugged, "awfully cold and late to be walking around don't you think?"

I smirked, "I could ask you the same thing?"

She nodded, looking around, "we've been told that the 'game' isn't over. Or at least that is what Luna had told us earlier today. Know anything about that?"

I shrugged, "not that I know of...why might I ask?" She stared me down, as if knowing something and said, "just curious...with that poor girl's body missing...witnesses said they saw a car coming from the direction of your neighborhood..."

I grinned darkly, "why Lieutenant. It almost sounds like you're accusing me of something."

She smiled back, "I never said anything of the sort. Just curious." I nodded, "well...you know where curiosity gets you." I sent her a glare and then smiled happily, "see you around! Happy holidays!" I walked away and clenched my jaw in anger. She knows something.

end of flashback

I nodded, coming to a decision. "I'm going to kill Tanner."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OOOOOOOOHHHH

Skylar changing? Why is she being this way?

Who's UBER A? leave your guesses!

review and comment!

~stay fearless~

caleigh <13