Chapter 2: Death Like Sleep

"Natsu!!!" Happy yelled and flew after him but he suddenly felt so sleepy that his wings fluttered close.

"What's wrong Happy?" Natsu asked as he continued falling.

"S...slee..py." Happy said and totally lost consciousness. Natsu struggled to grab Happy in his arms so that he would not plummet to the pit head first.

"Carla! Wake up!!" Wendy shriek as she held the Exceed close to her; protecting her from the fall.

"What's wrong Wendy, Natsu?" Erza asked in alarm.

"They suddenly fell asleep, " both dragon slayers replied.

"It must be that weird smell I think it's affecting ....." Erza's eyes suddenly closed.

"Erza!!!" The mages yelled in unison.

"Seriously, how deep is this cave?" Gray muttered as he grabbed the unconcious Erza and cradled her safely in his arms. "Erza. Erza wake up, " he said as he looked down and saw that Natsu and Wendy had already reached the ground. They still have their cats in their arms but even them are now unconcious. He looked for Lucy and saw Horologram instead. Lucy is safe inside the Spirit. Then he saw Aries and as he and Erza fell they were caught by Aries wool.

"Thanks Aries, " he said and saw the Spirit fall to the ground as she said "I'm sorry....." Gray looked at Horologram and saw a wide-eyed Lucy inside. He felt his eyelids closing. He felt exhausted and sleepy all of a sudden.

"No! Gray don't fall asleep too, " Lucy said as she saw Gray close his eyes. She looked around and saw strange flowers surrounding the hole they fell in. She paled when she saw piles of statues? No. Those were people. They all seemed to be sleeping yet their bodies were in a frozen state. Inscribed on the wall she read the glowing lines:

In this pit you'll rot in the flower's wrath
But thru the waters of the island's heart
Poured to the living and to the dead
You shall awaken from your death like sleep.

"Whaaatttt?????" Lucy yelled in distress. She has no time to waste. "I see, the flowers are responsible for this........it is like a sleeping drug-"

She was interrupted by Horologram. "Lucy-sama, I won't be able to hold out much longer."

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 3 :)

Dear Readers:

Your votes and comments are very much appreciated.

- dia