Chapter 19: Impending Danger: The Death of Four Powers

The mission was not as easy as they had expected. It really needed lots of fighting since the bandits were as strong as monsters. Erza, Gray, and Natsu are enjoying the fight though. But they noticed that it becomes annoying every minute as the number of enemies keep on increasing.

Lucy herself had just given a kick to knock-out one of them and used her whip to another. She also summoned Sagittarius since he is really good with his bow and arrows and this kind of situation fits him.

Sagittarius fired his arrows simultaneously and could even replicate a single arrow he had shot. He wiped out the enemies before him.

However, they did not notice the enemies lurking behind them; cowards hiding among the shelter of the trees. They were good at hiding their presence. Sagittarius was suddenly knocked-out cold by several arrows. ''Sagittarius!'' Lucy exclaimed as she ran to his aid.

''I'm sorry Lucy. I need to go back for now.'' He started to vanish to the Spirit World but then he spotted that three arrows were shot aiming at his owner. His eyes grew in panic as he tried to warn his master. He raised his bow, but before he could release the shot to parry the enemies' arrows, he totally vanished to the spirit world.

Lucy looked back too late and saw the arrows flying straight to her. One aimed in between her eyes, another to her chest, and the last one to her knees. She froze, not knowing what to do. The arrows would reach her in seconds and she has no time to counter attack. She could not dodge it either.

Everything seemed to play in a slow motion.

''Lucy!'' Natsu, Gray, and Erza turned in horror as they sensed Lucy in danger. All of them flew (since they rushed to her direction as fast as they could) towards her. But calculating their distance, the arrow would reach her before could.

Gray craftily made a bow and shot three arrows within an instant to parry or at least change the direction of the arrows aimed at Lucy but his arrows were parried by the enemies. They even aimed at his bow and destroyed it. He froze the floor and made his way to Lucy as fast as he could. He tried to freeze the arrows but it just continued flying straight at their friend.

At the same time Natsu used his fire to rocket himself as fast as he could to Lucy's side. He cannot use his fire attack since he might grill Lucy instead of saving her. Happy used his max speed too but a bomb was fired at him. It was faster than the arrows aimed at Lucy. ''Happy!'' Natsu flared in anger.

Erza also changed her armor to one with wings plus bows and arrows. She fired simultaneously but more enemies appeared. They tried to kill all of them. She tried to deflect the bomb aimed at Happy but the bomb was too fast and she is trying to save two friends at once.

Gray was able to freeze the bomb aimed at Happy. But he watched in horror as the bomb still erupted. Then he realized that a bomb was aimed at him too and to everyone else; except Lucy since the enemy knows that she cannot avoid the arrows aimed at her.

Already shocked and angered at the same time, Erza and Natsu realized the impending danger too. Who are these bandits? Why are they so persistent?

All of them were confused as death seemed to be ready to gather them all at once. It all happened at the same time in a matter of seconds. Time seemed to tick slower but very loudly as all the mages were cornered.

Behind the bushes, the master of the bandits laughed evilly as he said, ''this will be the death of four powers. Fire, water, Celestial Magic, and the proud and powerful Titania Erza. This is what you get for challenging bandits. Silly magicians this will be the end of you.''

Author's Note:

That's all for now. Sorry for the short chapter.

- Dia

Next Chapter: In a Prince's Arms