Chapter 45: Broken Hearts

Lucy suddenly hugged the stellar spirit just like what Erza did to Gray during their fight with the Phantom guild. ''Loke, please calm down. You should not hurt him,'' Lucy said again. Loke was astounded that Lucy would go this far to stop him.

Prince Zafir smiled. ''As I thought, you still love me Lucy Heartfilia. Now come to my arms and not to someone else's. I will give you all the love and riches that you deserve. I can get this country for you. And you will give me a son worthy to be king. Come forth my love,'' the Prince commanded with open arms.

Lucy turned her head to the Prince and let go of Loke. Loke's heart burned at that. It felt like Lucy was choosing that prince over him. ''I'm sorry Prince Zafir but I am no longer worthy of such honor,'' Lucy said. What honor is she talking about, this man is treating her like something which can be bought? Loke was further puzzled and irritated. He no longer cared if this "prince" was indeed royalty.

''What do you mean?'' Prince Zafir frowned.

''Someone already touched by another man is not worthy to be a prince's bride. I am already taken away. You should look for someone else more worthy of that honor. I would have loved to be by your side but getting me as your wife would only bring shame upon you Prince Zafir. If only I had known that you still desire me even after all those years, I would have never surrendered myself to someone else no matter what,'' Lucy clarified.

Loke's heart felt like it was broken into pieces. How could Lucy say such things? She must be lying. '...l-love ... loved to be by his side . . . never surrendered to someone else no matter what?' The words that Lucy said reverberated through Loke's whole being especially the last sentence and love thing phrase. He felt like he is going to shatter. 'No matter what?' Does that mean even if Loke suffered torturous hell that time, she wouldn't have had given herself to him if she knew this prince still wanted her?

''You cheated on me? You lied to me? Is it that man beside you?'' Prince Zafir suddenly grabbed Lucy's hand and pulled her to his side. ''You are lying right?''

''No, my Prince. It is the truth. Please forgive me,'' Lucy said. She suddenly turned so pale and she looked like she is fading. Loke was alarmed at that and he swiftly scooped Lucy up and spaced away from the prince. ''Please take me away from here Loke,'' she said and lost consciousness.

Loke ran as fast as he could. The guild was closer than any hospital so he headed for the guild. He checked for several times if the Prince or his guards were pursuing them but they must have been unable to keep up with his pace. He is a stellar lion after all. It is nearly dusk. They might not be able to see him at the growing shadows.

The guild doors banged open and everyone was shocked to see Loke enter carrying an unconscious Lucy. He immediately headed for the infirmary. Gray who had already returned from their boring and easy job opened the door for him.

To Loke's relief Polryusca is there to check on Makarov and Asuka's health. She asked the stellar spirit to settle Lucy down on the bed and told them all to move out of the room since they all crowded around in worry. Only Wendy was allowed inside since she may help.

''Is Lu-chan alright?'' Levi asked.

''What happened?'' Gray, Natsu, and Erza asked at the same time.

''I don't understand. She suddenly paled and lost consciousness when that man suddenly grabbed her.''

''What do you mean?'' asked Cana who left the barrel of wine she was drinking.

Loke narrated what happened starting from the dance floor to the garden. He excluded the kissing scene though. Everyone was confused too. How could Lucy suddenly lose consciousness in that kind of situation? They all knew that Lucy is tough. There must be some dirty trick.