Chapter 17: Simultaneous Missions

Lucy sang as she cleaned in her house. She had been very busy that her house became a little dusty so she decided to do a general cleaning.

It had been weeks ever since Team Natsu had gone to the island. Now, they are back to their usual routines. Every now and then, they would have simultaneous missions to attend to. They always accomplished it of course.

However, their payments are diminished since her overly strong comrades always gets to destroy lots of things. She often got little to do. Just a few Lucy kicks and warning her comrades not to wreck everything; but of course to no avail. They just really do not understand the concept of holding back.

Gladly, despite those, she was able to save enough to cover for her rent. Honestly, she was also glad that they always go out on missions since through it she was able to remove Loke from her mind.

She had several sleepless nights thinking of him after he left her that night. She blushed as she remembered it again. She had been missing him and she wanted to punch herself for that. She felt that he is up to something, and that he is feeling sad and rather angry. She did not know why, and had thought of summoning him, but changed her mind every time she remembers their night in the island and in her room.

She wanted to see him and comfort him. She hoped that the effects of the drugs had totally worn off. She had been worrying and it worsens every single mission that he never shows up. 'Well perhaps, that's because you were never in serious danger you know,' her other self reminded her. But it still concerned her that he never showed up for almost three months now which is unusual, since he only does this if he was wounded deeply in battle and needs to heal for long.

She had grown too worried and kind of paranoid thinking of possibilities. She unconsciously touched her keys as she finished cleaning. Loke suddenly popped up in her mind. He is in his Leo outfit and still wearing his blue tinted glasses. He is grinning widely.

''You're missing me again princess,'' he said with a contented smirk. Lucy blushed as she realized that she must have been thinking too much about him that he was able to sense it in the Spirit world. That made Loke shine with pride as he said as answer to her thoughts, ''our love knows no bounds princess. Your beautiful voice will always reach me anywhere.''

''I didn't call you or whatsoever!'' she yelled and it only made the lion smile further. She had almost forgotten that they could communicate like this. She could converse through telepathy with her spirits, if necessary.

''But you're thinking about me, and you're thoughts are so loud. Don't worry too much about me my gorgeous princess, I'm fine,'' Loke said reassuring his master and likewise flirting with her.

''Not that I worry too much about you, but are you sure you're fine?'' she said through her thoughts.

''Trust you're prince, my lady. I just have to take care of some matters. Just call me when you need me, or I'll just visit you soon. I miss you too, you know,'' Loke said with a wink. She blushed. And before she could ask again his image vanished.

'Same old Loke,' she thought. 'I'm glad his fine. But what is he being so busy about?' she looked at her hand and realized that she is holding his key. ''I see, Loke must have sensed that I am thinking about him since I touched his key,'' she said out loud. ''I almost forgot that he could sense what I am feeling,'' she said as she fixed her cleaning materials. A smile lingered on her lips and brightened her face as she said, ''I think he is really fine now.''

''Y-you l-lllike him!'' Lucy heard a familiar voice say. She looked up and saw Happy rolling his tongue.

''Shut up cat! Stop rolling you're tongue. Why are you in my house anyway?'' she yelled.

''Eh?'' Happy sulked. ''Lucy is so rude. Rude . . . rude . . . rude . . .'' he continued on and on. Lucy got annoyed but she indeed felt sorry for being so straightforward.

Next Chapter: Tease