Chapter 22: Never Enrage a Lion

The leader of the bandits was so infuriated at what he is watching. How could they be still alive? They even dared to have a reunion whatsoever in front of him. He signaled his comrades to rain down arrows and bombs to the location of the mages.

''Here they come!'' Erza warned as she equipped.

Gray and Natsu were instantly ready to fight too. They had been wanting to make those idiots suffer for what they did a while ago.

Loke however did not let go of Lucy. ''Regulus!'' He still held her tight as he shined in extreme brilliance that Erza and the others had to cover their eyes. Lucy's face was pressed to his chest but she got a glimpse of his radiance. She was astounded when she felt the power oozing from Loke.

When they opened their eyes, the arrows and the bombs were all gone.

''S-sugoy (amazing)'' all of them said at once.

''There,'' Loke said and opened his eyes. They looked at him confused. Then they followed his gaze. ''That's the one that fired the arrows at Lucy,'' he said. They saw a flash of light behind the tree he was looking at.

Suddenly a masked man with bows and arrows fell from the tree. He was already defeated. They did not know how Loke did it but they know it's him. He let go of Lucy and vanished. He then appeared near the man who fell. Several men attacked him and they we're defeated in a flash of light!

''He's fast,'' Natsu commented.

''That's because they angered him.''

''I guess I should anger him. Then fight him!'' Natsu said innocently.

''Baka (Idiot)! That means you'll have to hurt Lucy. Use your mind for once,'' Gray cut him.

''Eh? You're right? I'll just fight him now then.''

''He is not the enemy. We won't just watch him take his anger out to them. Let's make them taste our wrath too!'' Erza yelled and charged in, Natsu and Gray followed.

''I'll make them taste mine too,'' Lucy said and went to fight as well. She summoned Virgo who dug several holes immediately. Happy trailed behind them, tricking some of the bandits.

This is the first time that Loke acted like a war-freak. He was able to defeat more men than Erza. Noticing that, Erza equipped with her hundreds of sword to knock-out lots of them in one blow. 'That's the power of love. I have it in me too. I cannot be outdone by him,' Erza said in her mind as she charged.

After just a few minutes, the whole group of bandits were defeated. Erza dragged the already defeated master of the bandits. Meanwhile Loke dragged the man who fired the lethal arrows at Lucy.

''I won't forgive you for what you've done to my lady,'' Loke said with such conviction that the man trembled in fear.

Erza arrived and dumped the master of the thieves in front of them. ''This is their master. He was the one who gave the signal,'' she exclaimed.

''We won't forgive you either,'' Gray and Natsu said as they stood beside Loke. They all looked like devils ready to kill.

''Punishment perhaps?'' Virgo suggested who had just finished digging.

''Why are you still here?'' Lucy asked the maiden and Virgo just repeated what she said.

''How could you shoot such lethal blows to my beautiful bride?'' Loke said.

''Gomenasai, I did not know she is your bride. I am just instructed by my master. Gomenasai.''

''B-Bride . . .?'' Natsu said in disbelief. ''You and Lucy are getting married? Are you serious?''

''Of course! Very soon after these commotions! She will always be my beloved queen!'' Loke said with hearts in his eyes as he remembered how breathtaking Lucy looked in a bridal gown during the grand magic games.

''Is that so?'' Natsu said in a sad voice as he suddenly sat down as if his knees have weakened. He turned his back to them and his head sunk low. Everyone stopped in their tracks and looked at him.

''Eh? What's the matter with him?'' Gray said with a confused look.

''Don't tell me . . .'' Erza did not continue what she was about to say. She taught Natsu liked Lisanna, not Lucy.

Loke and Lucy looked at each other. Understanding fully what the other is thinking. ''I never taught she liked you that way. I taught he had always innocently liked you as friend,'' Loke said in her mind.

''That's impossible! I had mistaken several times that he is going to say something romantic but he never did,'' Lucy countered.

''What? You'd been waiting for him to admit his feelings to you?!'' Loke said with tears in his eyes. ''How could you do this to me?''

''Baka, I said I just mistook him. It's because of Mira-san saying crazy ideas to me. I did not expect him to!'' she yelled at the Lion.

''What are they doing?'' Erza and Gray said. Lucy and Loke had been conversing through their minds and they forgot that physically, they are just staring at each other's direction. Then Natsu suddenly repeated aloud what Loke had said in Lucy's mind.

''Lucy, how could you do this to me?'' Natsu said with sadness in his eyes. Even Happy is confused now.

Author's Note:

What do you think guys? Should I add a Nalu too?

- Dia

Next Chapter: Natsu's Feelings