Chapter 18: Tease

Happy is still pretending to sulk when Natsu came in from the window.

''Yo, Lucy. Let's go on a mission,'' he beamed at her.

''Don't you know that I have a door?! She exclaimed. And just as she said that the door opened and Gray entered. ''Knock!'' she yelled at him.

''Gomen (Sorry), do I have to go out again?'' he said with a bored look. ''I think you'd better be quick. We're leaving now. Erza is waiting outside.''

''E-erza? Wait for me downstairs,'' Lucy sweat-dropped and dashed to her room to get her whip. ''Why are you in your boxers?!'' she yelled at Gray when she came out.

''Kyaah! Since when did that happen?''

''Where is Wendy and Juvia?'' Lucy asked. They had been going on missions with Juvia ever since the scene last time when they left without her. She wondered why Juvia is not with Gray now.

''A request asking for water and healing mages was given to master. It is from a VIP so Juvia and Wendy have no choice but to go. Juvia had been so reluctant though and even asked Gray to come with him,'' Erza explained.

''I see. What kind of mission is this anyway?'' Lucy asked.

''Capturing notorious bandits,'' Erza answered as she showed her the request. Lucy's eyes turned to stars when she saw how much money they could get from it.

''We will surely fight huge monsters,'' Natsu said excitedly.

''Aye! They will surely be fearsome or ruthless,'' Happy joined in and Lucy almost trembled.

''War-freaks; it's not even stated if they are human or monster,'' Gray stated.

''What did you say? Wanna fight?''

''I'm not backing down if you challenge me.''

Lucy pretended not to see them.

''Gray. Natsu.'' Erza looked back and the two placed each other's arms on the other's shoulder as if they are best friends. ''I see. I'd prefer to see you behaving like that,'' she said. But as soon as she turned her head they were at it again.

Lucy sighed. 'This two will never stop fighting will they?'

They finally reached the train station and Natsu immediately felt sick just seeing it. Erza knocked him out again and settled his head on her lap. Lucy then sat with Gray and Happy. With nothing to do, Happy started to blurt things out.

''Neh, Erza. If a woman is so worried about a man if he doesn't show up for long; does it mean that she likes him?'' Happy asked, pretending to be innocent. Lucy gave him a death glare.

''Of course! Have you forgotten what happened last time with Juvia when Gray was not around for a week?'' Erza said.

''Don't get me involved in this,'' Gray said.

Happy smiled, ignoring Gray. ''Then that means Lucy really likes Loke!'' He said.

''Shut up cat! I'll grill you,'' Lucy threatened as she pulled Happy and shushed his mouth.

''What do you mean?'' Gray and Erza said in sync. They pulled Happy free and said, ''spit it out.'' And so the cat told them everything he heard.

''I always knew Loke was being serious about you. I see, so his ministrations have finally gotten to you,'' Gray said.

''It didn't!'' Lucy yelled and almost threw Gray out of the window.

''Okay. Okay, I got it. Why are you being so defensive anyway? He always says that he LOVES YOU. Are you numb?'' he further teased.

''You see,'' Happy said.

''Congratulations.'' Erza said; envy was clear on her face. She is actually thinking that she is the only one who is single now. She hoped Jellal would stop being so shy and be as brave as Loke and say his feelings directly without hesitation or shame. She blushed just thinking about it.

Gray and Lucy looked at each other when they saw Erza's reaction. ''She is thinking about Jellal,'' Lucy whispered to Gray.

''Yeah. Why wouldn't she just admit to him how she feels? They both know how they feel for each other anyway,'' Gray whispered back.

''Just like how Juvia tells you how she feels,'' Lucy giggled.

''She is exaggerated,'' the ice mage said flatly.

''Yeah, but that only shows how deep and honest she feels for you. Do you not feel anything for her?'' now it's Lucy's turn to tease.

''She's beautiful. But she's too persistent.'' He said as an excuse.

''Indeed, but that's because she loves you. You finally admitted she's beautiful,'' Lucy said in victory.

''When did I say that!?'' Gray said, his cheeks turning into a shade of pink.

Behind them, the water mage who was boiling in jealousy just a while ago almost melted in euphoria. ''Arigatou (thank you/thanks) Lucy-san. Juvia is so happy. You are not my love rival anymore.''

''Juvia-san, please sit down. They might look this way,'' Wendy said embarrassed at hearing things she shouldn't have heard. 'I see, Loke-san and Lucy-san are now together. I'm happy for them. They really looked good together, just like Juvia-san and Gray-san. I just hope that Loke-san would stop flirting with other girls,' she thought.

Juvia had insisted to ride at the same train with where Gray and the others are. She said she had a bad feeling about them going in a mission without her again. They got separated when they reached their destination.

Author's Note:

That's all for now. Thanks for reading! Hope you like it.

- Dia

Next Chapter: Impending Danger: The Death of Four Powers