Chapter 25: At the Train Station

Erza and the others went ahead to get the reward while Loke carried Lucy to the train station. When Lucy stopped telling Loke to put her down since she realized he really wouldn't; she doze off in exhaustion so she did not remember being with the team in claiming their reward. She had called her spirits simultaneously to fight at her side a while ago and it drained her energy.

As for Loke, he used his own power since Lucy did not even summon him. He happily carried Lucy to the train station and waited for the others to come. He had time to spare since they might take some time.

'What should I do?' he thought and stared at the sleeping princess in his arms. She looked serene asleep. Perhaps, because she felt safe in her ''prince's'' arms or that she's just too tired to care.

Loke looked at her beautiful face, and realized how much he missed her. He had longed to see her beautiful brown eyes again. Or perhaps just watch her sleeping like this. He was always waiting for her to summon him. For her to say she needs him. But she never did. And so he thought that he might be too bothersome if he often appears. He decided to accomplish something else then rather than annoy his beautiful master.

He just stared at her for what seemed like hours. This is how we should be, he thought. Enjoying each other's company. Lucy peacefully sleeping in his arms felt so right. Staying in the human world for a long time should be draining his powers. However, Loke felt differently.

Having the opportunity to be this close to Lucy seems to be boosting the lion's powers. When it comes to his energy, well ever since he first saw her he had been more energetic. But this time, it is different. Just being with her really makes him stronger in the sense that his power is not diminished while he is in the human world.

Lucy softly moaned in her sleep. Thus opening her lips. ''You must be dreaming about me. Aren't you?'' Loke said with a smile.

Her parted lips caught his attention. Her lips are full and beautiful. He stared at it and remembered how soft her lips felt when they kissed. He gulped as he remembered how many times they passionately kissed that night in the island and in her room. He wanted to feel the feeling of her lips against his again.

Unconsciously, he leaned towards her. He leaned in closer and closer as he continued staring at her. He could never forget that feeling, and he wouldn't want to; he want it to remain forever in his memory. But as he stared at her right now, he wanted to know that he really felt that feeling. That he did not just imagine that they kissed or that it was not just a dream.

Loke held her chin and was really about to kiss her when he realized what he was about to do. His feminists side stopped him. 'Idiot! How could you do that to a sleeping woman? Wait until she wakes up!' he chided himself. It's just a kiss. But he wouldn't want to steal a kiss. He would kiss her. But before that, he would want to look at her in the eyes as he leans in for a kiss so he would know if she wanted to be kissed by him.

'That was close.' He sighed. Lucy snuggled closer to him as if they are not already intact with each other. 'She must be feeling cold,' he thought. He wrapped his coat around her and hugged her tight. He is contented to be this close to her. This never happened before. This is the first time that she is on his lap as she sleeps with his arms tight around her.

''Loke.'' Lucy said in a whisper as a contented smile curved her lips.

Loke chuckled. ''You're really dreaming about me. How could you tempt me like this when I have just regained my control?'' he said to the sleeping Lucy.

They remained like that for hours. He noticed that girls are slowly gathering near him. He listened as they conversed.

''Hey, isn't that Loke of Fairy Tail?'' a woman said.