Chapter 37: New Development

It had been two months ever since the day that Loke went to Lucy's house; the day that Gray was injected with the drug.

Ever since then, team Natsu noticed that Loke had been hanging out in the guild more often.

During missions, Loke always appears before Lucy could even summon him. As soon as Lucy gets involved in a fight or battle, Loke would immediately appear beside him.

The team wondered what would have caused the stellar lion to be like that but perhaps he had really gone crazy about his master. They liked it anyway that Loke often mingles with them just like before.

At first it was a relief to Lucy too, but later on, as Loke's flirting around her worsened, she realized that it is also annoying sometimes especially when he too joins squabbles.

When it comes to Gray and Juvia, well as usual Juvia is still too clingy to Gray. They have stayed for more than a week in the hotel since when they are about to leave after six days, Loke suddenly appeared and stopped them.

He brought out a device that he said he had stolen from the laboratories he had destroyed. The device beeped and showed 40% at a glass on its digital thermometer like structure. Loke said that that means there is still 40% of the drug circulating in Gray's body and running in his veins so they have to stay in the hotel longer.

It would have been alright for them to return since they could do it during night time but Gray's stripping habit made the situation worse. If he suddenly strips on streets or in the train, or worse yet in the guild, everyone would surely notice his bulging erection since the effect of the drug makes them sensitive in every movement of the first person they saw when they awoke. And since Juvia is clingy, it made the situation even worse since Gray might unconsciously kiss Juvia in the guild. Or he could even go straight to touching her private parts.

Loke pointed out all of this and both Gray and Juvia turned red and agreed to stay until when the drug totally wears off. Juvia was so happy but likewise so flustered to have more heated nights with her beloved.

Gray had made Loke swear not to tell what happened to anyone in the guild. That made it clear to Juvia too that she must be silent about it too.

Ever since the two mages returned to the guild after that happening, Gray's coldness to Juvia seemed to have diminished. He started bringing her along with him during missions.

Some of the guild members also noticed that right after their return, Juvia had been more cheerful and energetic. But there are several times that she fell asleep on the guild and Gray had to take care of her.

Rumors have spread that the two are doing naughty things together and Gray has to control himself not to punch every person he hears saying things. There are times that he felt so embarrassed when Lucy smiled at him. She seemed to know something.

But of course, celestial spirits are most loyal to their owners. If she had asked Loke then the stellar spirit would have blurted out everything he knows. But why would Lucy even ask? Does she have any idea? Of course not. That is how Gray reassured himself that Lucy does not know about what happened.

He did not know that before he himself knew that he was drugged, Loke had already informed Lucy of what happened. But of course Lucy could keep things like that as secret. She acted innocent and often teases Gray of the new developments she sees between him and Juvia.

Gray would then counter by asking when Loke and Lucy would get married. And to the rescue, but often just making things worse, Loke would appear and be the one to answer such questions. But whatever he says, at least it's not from Lucy's mouth.

At least Loke knows the limits of what he says. He knew even without asking Lucy that everything that happened between them is not official and has to be kept secret. Moreover, he still haven't forgiven himself for repeatedly doing naughty things to Lucy although he never denied that he loved everything that happened between them.

The stellar lion also admitted to himself that he wants those things to happen again. But differently this time. He want it to naturally happen. He wants them to get aroused by each other naturally and be consumed in their emotions and do it romantically.

He knew that Lucy is not drugged during those times and she enjoyed doing it with him. But she still did it since the consequence is Loke would be in excruciating pain if they would not do it. He wanted to coax Lucy to do it with him. And this time he want it to be for real; not because of the inception of drugs or anything. But he knew that time can wait. He has to suffer the consequences of not being careful and becoming a victim of the drug first.

Next Chapter: Boredom