Chapter 44: A Lion's Jealousy

''Lucy Heartfilia what a pleasure to finally see you again,'' the man said. He totally ignored Loke. He did not even apologize nor did he look sorry that he ruined a precious moment. He seemed to have done it on purpose. That made Loke regard him with a hostile look.

The stellar spirit did not expect Lucy's reaction. She looked like a cat missed by a bullet in a hair's breadth. She walked behind Loke and hid her face behind his shoulders.

''Lucy do you know this person?'' the Lion said as he scrutinized the man in front of him.

''Lucy you are as shy as before. Come out now, you do not have to hide. Now that I finally get to meet you, I want to help. I heard that the Heartfilia Conglomerate fell apart. People say that your riches turned to dust so I'm amazed that you can still come to places like this. I am married now but I have never forgotten your exquisite beauty. Why not become my second wife? You'll regain everything within the blink of an eye. I could even give more,'' the man said.

Loke clenched his fist and gritted his teeth. How dare this man insult Lucy in such a manner? What does he think she is? He wanted to punch this guy until when his out cold; but Lucy held his arm tight.

''Loke, let's just leave. Please,'' Lucy said. The Lion was shocked by her reaction. He felt like a bucket of ice water was poured down his head. Usually Lucy would get so loud in situations like this. Not silent and speechless. He turned to look at her in the eye. ''Please,'' she said again looking down.

Loke wondered why Lucy cannot look at him in the eye. For some reason it made his heart tighten. He gave the man one last look. He is handsome and looked like a wealthy man. He felt uneasy but reluctantly unclenched his fist.

He scooped Lucy up and carried her as he walked out. Lucy buried her face on his chest. He heard the man say something behind them but he ignored it and quickened his pace. He won't let this man any closer to Lucy. He didn't like him. He was making Lucy speechless and weird. And he is making the mighty and confident Lion king feel something he had never felt before.

Loke brought Lucy to the wide garden outside the restaurant. He settled her on a bench since she looked like she's pretty shaken. He sat beside her and asked, ''Do you know that man?''

Lucy let out a deep sigh. ''Yes, but I never thought I would see him again.''

''What do you mean?'' Loke said instantly getting worried. Now he knows why he did not like that man. He had a past with Lucy. He knew her before Loke came to her life. That means he knew something about her that the Lion do not. He could be her exboyfriend or something. There are too many possibilities that Loke did not want to imagine them.

Like what if that man had kissed Lucy before? What if he was Lucy's first boyfriend? What if Lucy loved that man before? What if she had not gotten over that man yet? Just thinking about it made a cold sweat run down his neck. His heart is aching. Since when did he become insecure and jealous of anyone? It's not like him at all.

Loke had always been confident about himself. Why is that person making him nervous that Lucy might go to that man? It's a very odd feeling. The proud Lion never experienced it before.

''What's going on in your mind?'' Lucy asked since the stellar spirit looked like he is contemplating something. ''Anyway, can we just forget about what happened? I do not want to talk about that person.''

Loke's eyes narrowed. He suddenly stood up and looked around. ''Who's there?''

''What's wrong?'' Lucy stood up too and followed his example.

''Someone's hiding behind the bushes and by the trees. I can feel their presence,'' The Lion said.

''Show yourselves,'' the two of them said at once. They stood back to back with each other. Ready to fight in case those people are enemies.

Men in uniform came out of the bushes and surrounded them. ''What are these people?'' Loke muttered.

''Royal guards,'' Lucy answered.

Loke does not recognize their uniforms. It is different from that of Fiore and the army.

''I'm glad that you still remember,'' the same voice that broke their kiss said. ''I'm sorry Lucy-sama, but I won't let you just be taken away by some trash,'' the man said.

''You don't know who you are addressing that way Prince Zafir,'' Lucy said. Insulting her was more tolerable but calling her spirit as trash is something she would not forgive. She wondered why she had to see this man again. Is it because she was thinking of him just minutes ago?

Loke smiled. At least Lucy does not like him being called as trash.

''Arrest the man,'' Prince Zafir said to his guards.

''You have no right to do that. This is not your country,'' Lucy said but the imperial soldiers continued to advance.

''Even so I have a lot of soldiers. I do not believe that your man could handle them all.'' But as soon as the guards came close Loke fought as the proud mighty Lion king. Ferocious, swift, and merciless. They came at a bad time. The Stellar Lion King is in the mood for some brawling especially if they are related to this annoying man. Immediately all the guards were down, Loke did not even use his magic.

''Should I cut his throat for insulting you my lady,'' Loke asked for permission. He was dumbfounded when Lucy held his arm.

''That's enough. Do not hurt him,'' Lucy said.

''What? Are you kidding me? Why not?'' Loke protested and turned to Lucy. She was not looking at him in the eye; again. He held her chin up so he could look at her in the eye. He was hurt by her expression. She was serious at what she said. Why is she not allowing him? Who cares if this man is a prince? Loke's a prince too in the Celestial realm you know. Plus he is a king when it comes to lions. He knew he is being selfish; but still, this prince is bad news to him.

That man Lucy called as Prince Zafir was angering Loke. The Lion's breathing hiked up in confusion of his mixed emotions. His eyes zeroed in on the prince. He looked like he was ready to kill.

Next Chapter: Broken Hearts