Chapter 13: The Awakening

Gray opened his eyes. He tried to stretch his right arm but failed to do so. It felt so heavy like something was on it. He moved sideways to his right arm and nearly yelped at what he saw.

Erza is sleeping peacefully beside  him. Her head is resting on his arms. Gray could not help but notice that she looked so beautiful and comfortable in his arms. But he mentally cowered in fear of what might this powerful and strict wizard do to him when she wakes up and realize that she is cuddled in Gray's arms.

Why am I even sleeping? Why is she beside me? And where are we?  He thought. He looked up and let his eyes scan the vicinity. He saw Lucy sitting on the grasses farther away from them. She smiled at him and placed a finger on her lips. Telling him to keep quite.

Even Lucy is here? Lucy . . . and he remembered everything. Why they fell asleep. He noticed that they are not in the hole now and Natsu and Wendy are also sleeping near them. How did we get out of the hole? What about the monsters? He looked at Lucy and she smiled again. Oh I see she saved us all. How shameful that I was just sleeping. Even that dumb fire-breathing monster  is asleep.

As Gray thought of Natsu, the fire-mage suddenly woke up and sat up with a shocked expression.

"Happy?! Happy where are you?" Natsu yelled awakening everyone. He saw Happy asleep beside Wendy and Carla. He smiled widely and is about to pick up Happy when he saw Gray who seemed to be frozen in fear as Erza is starting to awaken.

Hmmm. . . . It's warm. Erza thought. But her peaceful slumber was broken as she heard someone yell so loud that it hurt her ears. She opened her eyes and realized that she was in Gray's arms. She remembered what happened; suddenly feeling so tired and drifting to sleep and the last thing she saw is Gray rushing to grab her and he enveloped her before they reached the bottom of the hole they fell in to.

She sat up and even as an ice mage, Gray himself felt like he is going to freeze or something since Erza might get the wrong idea and kill him. He was shocked and relieved when Erza said instead, ''Sorry for the trouble.'' And she barked off to Natsu, ''What the hell are you yelling so early in the morning Natsu?''

''Uh, nothing. I was just looking for Happy,'' Natsu countered. It was the fire mage's turn to freeze this time and Gray couldn't help but smile.  Natsu noticed and said ''What are you smiling at porn star? Wanna fight?''

Gray was about to talk when Lucy walked to them to prevent things from going worse. ''I'm glad everyone is finally awake. Are you all feeling well?''

''Hai'' they all said in unison and asked Lucy of how she got them out of the whole.

Natsu was so annoyed that he did not get to destroy things or fight monsters so he challenged Gray instead.

Lucy insisted it was not fun at all. However, she suddenly remembered what happened between her and Loke and she blushed. She hated remembering it.

She is worried that something between her and her lion might change due to what happened. She is glad that Loke left before everyone awakened. I hope Loke would not remember it when the effect of the drug totally wears off.

Next Chapter: Back at the guild

Author's note:

Sorry for the long wait guys. I'll do my best to upload several long chapters to make up for the wait.

You can say your suggestions through your comments.

Thanks for reading.