Chapter 40: Dates

Asuka happily went back inside the guild after thanking a relieved Lucy and Loke. Bisca apologized to them for the child's actions if ever it bothered them.

''Now we're heading out princess,'' Loke said and carried Lucy in his arms again. Lucy protested but he did not listen. He had just started walking when Natsu blocked the way.

''We'll come with you. They said the food there is the best. I want to taste the food too!'' Natsu said with excitement.

''NO,'' Lucy and Loke said in unison. Their eyes met and Lucy immediately looked away as a blush made her cheeks pink. Their guild mates laughed loudly this time.

''I'm sorry but I would like to talk with Lucy alone,'' Loke politely said. ''We have to plan for our future,'' he added with a smirk.

''You can still do that even if we tag along,'' Natsu pestered innocently.

''Really pathetic. He's such an idiot,'' Gray said out of nowhere.

''What did you say icebrain?'' Natsu yelled.

''Natsu, don't be such a disturbance. I thought you already left with Lisanna?'' Erza suddenly butt in. Her tone made Natsu sweat-drop.

''Uh, we are waiting for Lisanna. She said she forgot something important.'' Natsu answered. Out of nowhere Happy appeared and fluttered around Lucy. ''She lllikes him! She likes him,'' he rolled his tongue.

''Come on Happy, stop teasing Lucy. Let's head to the forest now,'' Lisanna appeared behind them with a basket.

''Let's tag along with them. They are going to a first class restaurant,'' Natsu idiotically said.

''Where did your mind go?'' Gray commented.

''You said something again pornstar? Wanna fight?''

''Natsu you cannot go on other people's date. You'll be a nuisance. Let's go on ours too. I brought your favorite food. Let's head for the forest now,'' Lisanna said with a giggle and pulled the Salamander away.

Lucy sighed in relief and Loke continued walking.

''They really won't let anyone in on their date huh,'' Wakaba remarked.

''Maybe because they want to make out. He's a lucky guy to have Lucy as her woman,'' Macao added.

''Indeed, but your judging it in the wrong way. It not just Lucy's body that he's lucky to have,'' Cana said as she drank wine.

''They're just so perfect for each other; tied by the bonds of love and fate ever since the start.'' Mira said as she smiled.

''Says the one who pairs Lucy to almost every guy,'' Gray joined in. Juvia popped up beside him and clinged to his shoulders.

''Everyone is going on a date. Let's go too Gray-sama,'' she said with hearts in her eyes as she imagined Gray in a suit.

''What are you talking about? Don't suddenly pop out of nowhere and go asking for a date. I'm broke. I'm heading out on a job.''

''Juvia will go where ever Gray-sama is,'' the water mage said as her imagination worked.

''My job this time is different. We have to get married Juvia, my love. Will you marry me?'' the Gray in her imagination said.

''Yes Gray-sama! Juvia will give you 30 babies or so,'' she said aloud.

''What is going on in your mind again?'' Gray sighed. He got a request from the bulletin. ''We'll take this one,'' he said to Mira.

Mira giggled and said to Juvia, ''enjoy your date Juvia!''

''Are you hitting on Gray-sama,'' Juvia replied instead. The two headed out as well and everyone turned to a corner where someone gloomily sulked. It's not Juvia anymore since she had just followed Gray.

They saw Erza bending a spoon that she was supposed to use to eat her cake. ''Why am I the only one left,'' she said in a trembling voice.

Mira grinned. ''I'm still here too. Don't you think we should head out too? Let's have a friendly date,'' Mira said.

''Why should two hot women go out together? You should come with us Mira,'' Macao and Wakaba said.

''What did you say?'' Erza said and immediately pulled Mira. ''Let's go,'' she said and they headed out.

''That's so unfair,'' the men in the guild whimpered as they started asking around for a date. Jet and Droy debated on who between them Levi should go out with. However, Levi was looking at Gajeels direction.

The Raijunshu pushed Evergreen to Elfman. Bisca and Alzack left with Asuka. Several meters away, Erza asked Mira. ''Where are we going?''

''To the market. We are out of stocks,'' Mira said still wearing a smile.

''You tricked me.'' Erza exclaimed as she fell to the ground. Mira just giggled.

Next Chapter: La Viera