Chapter 43: The Kiss

''What's with the gentleman thingy?'' Lucy said as she gave one hand to Loke's waiting palm. He helped her up and offered his elbow for his princess to hold on to. ''You could have just told me to go to the dance floor,'' Lucy commented as they walked.

''I am a mere knight who dreams for my lady to be my queen. I cannot give such orders to my owner can I?'' Loke said, shifting from the flirty lion mode to a noble prince.

''We're not in some kind of theater you know,'' the stellar mage said. Loke wrapped an arm around her waist and held her hand in the other as they started to waltz. Lucy placed a hand on his shoulder. Lucy never thought she would miss this dances.

They danced and danced even after several changes of music. Loke told Lucy what he had to say as they danced. It was about the mysterious drug and the laboratories that Loke discovered. He also got his hands on some other information about the drug. He promised Lucy to tell her anymore developments in his investigations.

Lucy made him promise not to start any action without informing her. After that they just continued to move along with the beat of the music.

A soft romantic music currently played and everyone danced in a slow motion. Couples embraced each other. Others looked like they were proposing. Some started to kiss.

Even Lucy and Loke got carried away by the love in the air. Loke wrapped his arms around Lucy's waist as she entangled her arms around his neck. Their foreheads met and they both laughed. Then they suddenly turned silent as they looked at each others eyes.

Everything around them seemed to stop and vanish. They are all alone in a romantic place holding each other close and staring into each others eyes. Both their hearts skipped a beat as they realized how close they are. They looked like innocent people suddenly struck by Cupid's arrows and bound in a spell of love. If Cupid was real, he must have laughed so much as he watched these two.

Their lips were just an inch away from each other. Lucy could feel Loke's breath on her lips as he exhaled and Loke could feel the racing heartbeat of his lady. She unconsciously parted her lips. It was clear in her eyes that she wanted to be kissed.

Likewise it was clear on the stellar lion king's eyes that he wanted to kiss her. Loke's eyes looked like he was asking permission to do so. The look in his princess' eyes made him mentally somersault. The parting of her lips and her heavy breathing just confirmed what her eyes said.

Loke leaned in little by little in a slow romantic pace. Such things should not be rushed. Lucy closed her eyes and waited for the kiss. Loke drank in this wonderful sight. His beloved woman tilting her chin up with parted lips waiting for him to kiss her. It felt so amazing, marvelous, and most especially, magical.

Their lips were about to meet when someone broke the magical moment. ''Lucy Heartfilia,'' a man's voice said. The two were forced to separate and looked at who called Lucy.

Loke's blood almost boiled as he saw a handsome man walking towards them. Who the hell is this man to break their kiss? Their lips were just by a hair's breadth, less than a millimeter away. That kiss should have been their first official and real kiss! For the first time they were supposed to kiss. He did not count their passionate kisses when he was drugged nor their kiss outside the guild since it was dictated by Asuka.

He had been so sure that they would finally kiss for real. But what the heck! He should have just kissed her immediately. However, that would not be romantic at all. He wanted to punch the nuisance who broke their perfect moment.

On the other hand Lucy was too shocked at who the person she saw that she looked like she forgot that just seconds ago she and Loke were about to kiss. That was a heavy blow to the lion. How could she forget such precious moment within an instant? Who the hell is this man to make Lucy forget their precious moment?!

Loke had never been too judgmental and irrational at people whom he encounters for the first time. However, just at first glance he immediately felt something wrong about this person. His strong instincts told him something he did not want to admit.

Next Chapter: A Lion's Jealousy