Chapter 23: Natsu's Feelings

They stared in silence at the sulking Natsu. Confused at why he is jealous of Loke or rather sulking due to what the flirty lion have said. They have noticed that Natsu is indeed very close to Lucy, but so is Gray. They never noticed if Natsu had ever looked at Lucy in a romantic way.

They have always thought that Natsu's feelings are to Lisanna. However, as they look at how he is sulking right now, they might have been mistaken.

''Lucy, how could you do this to me?'' Natsu said with sadness in his eyes. Even Happy is confused now.

Lucy and Loke slowly turned to look at Natsu. ''How could you do this to me? I thought you love me too,'' Natsu continued.

''Did you ever tell him that?'' Loke asked with jealousy but likewise concern. He had also been in fairy tail for several years and despite Natsu's stupidity, he is a good friend of his.

''I never said something like that.'' Lucy frowned.

''Why are you not inviting me in your wedding?! Hwuaaah....'' Natsu said and cried like a child. ''I thought were a team? Are you afraid that I will devour all the food at your wedding? Of course I will!'' he continued and suddenly smiled again. ''Loke fight me! Or else you'll not marry her!'' Natsu said with a grin and charged at Loke. Loke gave him a kick that sent him flying.

''Nice trick.'' Annoyed Gray and Erza stumbled.

Happy who had been just fluttering around fell to the ground and said, ''as I thought. He was thinking about the fish and fights.''

Loke sighed. He thought he had hurt Natsu's feelings and yet the guy was just being a stupid child again.

Lucy was relieved too, but she got annoyed at how childish Natsu can be.

''Now, back to business,'' Erza said.

''Hai (yes). Punishment time perhaps. Should I start?'' Virgo asked. Erza nodded and they stood awed at how good she is at this. The two captives were tied with chains in an instant and are hanging on separate tree branches. Below the two, Virgo dug deep holes that would seem like their burial place when they fall. ''I have done my job. I'll leave for now hime,'' Virgo then said and vanished.

''Further punishment,'' Gray said and froze the bandits.

''And this too,'' Natsu said as he spewed fire in the hole and dropped several chunks of wood to keep the fire burning.

''Baka, you'll gonna melt my ice!'' Gray said in an annoyed tone.

''That's right! Then they will fall in the hole and get scorched by my flames,'' Natsu replied excitedly; then he laughed mischievously. The bandits shook in fear.

''And if they're still alive after that, this will be their final judgment!'' Erza said and equipped to her armor with hundreds of sword. All of it was pointed at the bandits and so one of them lost consciousness.

Lucy sweat-dropped. Her comrades are overdoing things again. ''I thought we need the master alive,'' Lucy said as she brought out the request.

''Nope it says dead or alive,'' Loke said.

''Don't encourage them!'' Lucy yelled at him.

''I still don't forgive them from trying to kill you princess. I want to erase him from existence right now too so he could never hurt you again,'' Loke said with a smile but the gleam in his eyes showed that he is serious. He glowed with power.

''Right! Me too!'' Gray, Erza, Natsu, and even Happy said in unison. They all prepared to attack and looking at how powerless he is to dodge their powerful attacks, the master of the bandits lost consciousness too.

All of them stopped. ''Now you know how it feels!'' Natsu said.

Lucy sighed. She thought they would really attack. It was but a scheme. They got the two bandits as proof of accomplishing their mission and got their reward.

Next Chapter: Going Back