Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Zoey

"You're so gorgeous." Ezra said staring at me as we lay in bed. It's really early in the morning and we should both be getting ready to start our day.

"We need to get some time alone, it's been a while babe." I say to him.

"You gonna give me another baby?" he said smiling.

I sighed. "Um...about that..." I mumbled.

"What's up B?"

"I..um went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and I was told that my chances were slim to none about having another baby. They told me I would be lucky to even carry one for a month if I was to ever conceive." I say.

Ezra stared at me not saying anything for a moment.

"Why you just now telling me this shit Zoey?" He finally said sitting up in the bed never taking his eyes off of me.

"I don't know. I kind of figured after all of these years that we couldn't have one because of the miscarriages...I don't know how to tell my husband who wants more kids that his wife can't have any. I'm sorry. I gave you Alyssa and you have Kayla also..." I paused and put my head down.

Of course I wanted more kids but I know that it's never going to happen. I'm 34 and I've had three miscarriages in the past ten years. I feel so hopeless at this point because I wanted to give my daughter another sibling even though she has Kayla.

Ezra got out the bed and walked over to my side of the bed and pulled me to his chest. He wrapped his arms around me tightly then stared me in the eyes.

"You need to stop stressing so much baby. You could have told me...it's like that sometimes. I know you would give me as many kids as I want if you could. Don't stress about it, I'm not going anywhere. I love you and my two daughters. Nothing will ever change that. For better or worse, right?" He says with a warm smile.

I smiled. "I love you, you're the best babe."

He laughed then kissed me before walking into our bathroom to freshen up. It's so unbelievable that we are still 10+ years strong in our marriage. We still have our problems but we're in a good space right now.

I walk into the bathroom and started to freshen up. I looked over at Ezra brushing his teeth and he winked at me and I laughed as I started to brush my teeth. I stared at myself in the mirror and just smiled at how fit and in shape I am to be almost in my mid-30s. After I finished freshening up I went into our walk in closet to find an outfit for the day. I am now the head nurse at the hospital and I am still trying to work myself up because I know I can do better.

"Can I have some before I have to go put in work?" Ezra said wrapping his arms around me from behind.

His career is at an all-time greatest right now, it's about the best it has ever been. He's been on and off tour, going to awards and taking home a great amount of them. I'm proud of my baby.

"This early? " I question, smiling.

"It's the best time." He said pressing against me. I felt all of him on my behind and it was turning me on. He always know how to get me in the mood but I really need to go wake Alyssa so she can get ready for school.

"Baby, I have to get Alley up for school." I say melting as he kissed on my neck.

"Nah, she need to sleep through this now let me do this, be quiet and take it." He said pushing me on my stomach on the bed. It just made me so wet. God, why?