Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Zoey

[Months later; Late November]

Tears poured from my eyes and I just shook my head. This couldn't be happening to me right now. I don't know how I should feel or anything. I'm so lost. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror then put my head down. Ezra walked in and stared at me.

"What's wrong baby?" Ezra said turning me to face him. I simply pointed towards the counter and his eyes grew wide.

"Oh shit, you pregnant babe?" He questioned picking up one of the five tests.

"Yes, I believe so. E, baby I don't think I want to go through with it. I don't want to be disappointed again because I know I'm not gonna be able to carry it for much longer." I said to him.

He wiped my tears. "You never know baby, we'll go to the doctor and pray about it. I'm gonna always be right by your side going through this with you. You not alone, if it's meant to be then it'll happen. I want you to carry it." He said pulling me close and holding me tight.

"It hurts me and I feel like less of a woman. Why can't I just be normal and have a baby." I cried.

"Babe please stop, you gonna be alright. You don't need to be stressing like this because it's not good. Make an appointment ASAP and we'll go and get you taken care of. You my baby, I love you and you need to be strong so our little one will survive this time." Ezra said kissing me.

"I love you too." I said.

Ezra stared at me and smiled. "You're so gorgeous, stop all this crying and smile for me please. It'll make my day so much better, you know I'd die if I couldn't see you smile."

I smiled and looked away from him. He was making me very shy at the moment. I love him so much.

"I don't know what I would do without you." I said kissing him.

"Girl, I still got it. I made ya blush." He said laughing.

"Whatever." I couldn't stop smiling.

"You gonna be alright?" He questioned staring into my eyes.

"Yes, I think so."

Ezra smiled so hard at me and I just laughed. I love my husband so much.

"Aight, I gotta head to the office. Kayla will be coming over for the rest of the week. G said she need to for whatever reason even though she don't need one." He said about to walk away but I stopped him.

"I need to tell you something else." I said. He must have known it was serious because his smile faded quickly.

"What's up?"

"Just a few days ago Alyssa told me that she saw a huge bruise on Kayla's back. I don't know where it came from or who did it but you need to look into it and make sure everything is okay at her home." I told him.

So much frustration instantly appeared on his face then he just stared at me for a moment before rubbing his face and sighing.

"Alright, I'll get on it. Thanks baby, I love you. Have a good day." Ezra said kissing me before leaving.

I stared at the pregnancy tests, I wanted to be excited but I knew I couldn't so I'm not gonna get my hopes up this time.