Chapter 48

**If you're having trouble viewing this chapter go to Chapter 48 (2) it's the same exact chapter but it should work.**

Chapter 48

Zoey

I had baby Eli propped up in his swing as he drank a bottle and I finished cleaning the kitchen from dinner. Ezra hasn't sat down at dinner with us in forever. As a person I can only do so much and it's just not working out with us.

I did take Kyron up on grabbing lunch. Although I'm sure he could tell my marriage was falling apart he didn't bring it up. I'm glad he didn't because I get so emotional thinking about it. We just did a lot of catching up, nothing serious. I enjoyed it.

I heard the front door close and I knew it had to be E because Alyssa just left with Ryan to go to the store.

I turned around from the sink and saw Ezra charging at me like he was ready to hit me and I got scared.

"Ezra wh-"

He grabbed me really rough and slammed against the refrigerator. My heart was pounding and I felt like I was seeing a different person right now. I didn't know what to do.

"Why the fuck you been out here being a hoe and shit?!" He yelled as he banged on the refrigerator behind me.

He hit it so hard I'm sure there would be a dent there.

A tear rolled down my cheek as I looked him in the eyes. This isn't him. As I stared into his eyes I could tell he was beyond high and maybe a little drunk.

"Let me go." I whispered.

"You think I'll let your ass go anywhere when you fucking wig niggas on the side like I'm not gonna fucking find out. This shit forever Zoe. You not going no damn where." He said so coldly.

"Get off of me." I said attempting to push him off.

He instantly put his hands around my neck and I was in disbelief but scared for my life at the moment.

I cried. "Ezra let me go."

His grip got tighter and I felt my airways closing up but continued looking him in the eyes.

He released me and I ran over and grabbed Eli and I heard Ezra coming behind me throwing things trying to get to me.

Baby Eli began screaming at the top of his lungs. My car keys were upstairs and I hurried up the steps to our room.

"Zoey!" Ezra yelled.

I couldn't stop crying as I searched around for my keys while trying to hold on to Eli.

"Where the fuck are my keys!" I yelled in frustration.

I have to get out of here. He's trying to hurt me.

"Where the fuck you think you going?!" He said closing in on me.

I covered Eli with my body and turned my back to Ezra as he began hitting the walls in front me.

"Fuck is wrong with you Zoey?!" E yelled.

"Ezra please stop." I begged.

"You want a fucking divorce Zoe? That's what the fuck you want?!" He yelled continuing to hit the wall.

"No, E please stop. I'm gonna call the police." I said as tears continued falling.

I elbowed him to calm him down a bit but it only made things worse. I began running and snatched my phone off the dresser but still couldn't spot my keys.