Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Indiaah

So I found out Zoey was taken into the hospital three days ago and I've been up there to see her but Ezra has been real quiet about how she ended up there. That's understandable so I didn't push him but I've been checking in with her. She hasn't woke up yet, I pray she does soon.

Meanwhile I was at the grocery store with Jamahl and the kids shopping. We tried to plan our off days the same so we can spend time because we're always away from each other.

I looked around the cereal aisle I was on and was trying to reach on the top shelf to get Riley's favorite Frosted Flakes. I'm obviously too short to reach them so I kinda had to stand on the bottom shelf and reach back.

"Can I help you?"

I jumped down and looked to see this tall, brown skin guy staring at me. He scared the shit out of me. I attempted to pull my crop top down because he was just staring but it didn't work.

"No, thanks." I said just about to walk away and let J come back and get them for me.

He reached on the top shelf and handed them to me smiling hard.

"I'll just be nice anyways, you're too beautiful to be struggling like that. Do you have a man?"

I was so taken aback that I just stared at him like what the hell.

"Aye, can I help you dawg?" Jamahl said stepping between us then glancing at me.

The guy threw his hands up in surrender. "I didn't know she had a man because she was struggling over here."

"She good." Jamahl said mugging.

I looked behind me to see Riley and Josh.

"Alright, have a good day beautiful." He said staring me up and down smiling before he began to walk away.

Jamahl started walking behind him and I grabbed his hands to stop him.

"Don't get yo motherfuckin' ass beat in here." Jamahl yelled out.

"Stop it baby, let's just go." I said holding his hand.

"Put some real clothes on next time before you leave the house because I'm gonna fuck somebody up." He said.

"I have on clothes babe, it's just a cropped hoodie and joggers."

"Don't wear that shit out no more."

I rolled my eyes and ignored him because he was mad now because of that but I can't control other people.

"Mommy, I'm so tired." Riley said reaching for me.

"Riley, mommy can't keep picking you up because you're becoming a big girl. You're 5 little girl." I said putting her in the basket so I wouldn't have to hold her.

"Okay mommy." She said laying her head on my chest as I pushed the basket.

"Baby, what do you want to eat tonight?" I asked looking at Jamahl texting away on his phone.

"It don't matter, it's whatever you want."

I took his phone out his hand and put it in my pocket.

"What do you want babe?" I asked him again.

"Pork chops." Jamahl said staring at me.

"Alright, do you wanna take Riley to the car?"