Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Ezra

"How's everything been going for you?" Kennedy asked sitting next to me.

I looked at her and smiled. "You always trying to hit me with 21 questions. You need to be practicing for these upcoming events."

She laughed. "I'm just checking on my friend to see if he's straight. You can always come talk to me sweetheart. I'm not as wise as you but I'm pretty good."

"I'm good Kennedy, just getting shit together."

"Sooo, will you be at my show tonight? It would mean a lot plus it'll help to get my name out there and I can maybe get some sponsors to help build my brand."

I stared her up and down. "Uhh. I don't know Kennedy."

"Please E, I need you to be there. This may help me so I won't have to be your backup dancer forever."

"Aight...I guess Kennedy." I said giving in.

"Yes! I have a surprise for you so don't be late and make sure you're in the front so I'll see you."

"Don't worry 'bout me."

"Well it starts at 7 and it's gonna be lit. Trust me."

I stood. "Well I gotta hit the crib because I only have 2 hours to get ready."

"Okay, be camera ready. It's formal."

I threw her the peace sign and dipped to the crib.

*

"I really don't think you should go out tonight. I want you to stay home with me. All of these women want you.." Zoey said fixing my bow tie.

"Who got the ring on her finger though?" I replied.

She looked up at me. "They don't care, they go for the ones that are married."

"You think I'm gonna just leave my entire marriage for a chick that's lusting after me?"

"I just don't want to lose you."

"I told you to come with me, I don't have nothing to hide." I said.

"I wouldn't feel comfortable."

"Why?"

She swallowed hard. "She wants you whether you want to admit that or not. I know it."

"Put a dress on and come with me baby please. I promise I don't want this chick."

She sighed. "No babe, you go. I'll be here when you get home."

"You sure?"

"Yes." She said softly.

I wrapped my arms around her then kissed her on the lips.

"I love you Zoe."

"I love you too E." She said smiling at me.

I turned around and looked at myself in the full length mirror. I had a fresh cut and I looked clean as hell in my all back suit. I slid on my Rolex then Zoey walked over to me.

"You almost forgot this.." Zoey said sliding my ring on my finger.

"I never forget that baby." I told her.

"You better go before you're late."

I kissed her forehead then grabbed the key to the Range Rover and headed out. King and Jamahl were meeting me there but I don't know if they were bringing their significant other.