Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Zoey

It has been a few weeks since I had the miscarriage but I'm trying to make myself feel better any way I know how. It's depressing not being able to carry and deliver my own child. I had Alyssa and I thank God for her but I want another one. Maybe I'm being selfish and ungrateful. Valentine's Day is Friday and I'm going to be alone because Ezra isn't even in the country. This has been a long Wednesday for me and I probably should have asked to go into work on my off day so I wouldn't be moping around.

I picked up my phone from the coffee table it was sitting on in our den to call Ezra. I literally call him about 5-10 times a day and it never bothers him, ever. I laid back on the couch as I continued to eat a big bowl of fresh Pineapples.

"What's up baby." Ezra said answering.

"Hey babe, I miss you." I said.

"I miss you too. What are you up to?"

"Just watching tv and eating loads of Pineapples."

He laughed. "You getting ready for me to come home and eat? That's what it sounds like."

I blushed. "You're nasty, I just like eating this. It's so good."

"I like eating you...it's so good."

My legs closed tighter together and I just sat there smiling.

"I didn't call you to do this..." I said.

"What you call me for then? You know we usually fuck daily so you call me sometimes to do shit like this. I know, you not slick."

"That's not true babe."

"It is, you need sex. It's okay baby. I promise I got you when I come home in a few weeks. I need it just as bad."

"You think you know everything about me."

"I do know everything about you. I also know if you keep eating on them Pineapples like you are...my tongue game gonna be some shit you never experienced before."

I laughed and started to choke on one of them while getting wet just a little bit...well...yeah.

"Babe, what the hell? Omg. Stop playing."

He was laughing. "Swear to God, I'm not playing. You better get ready. Damn, I miss you."

"So why can't you come home for Valentine's Day? I want you to be here."

"Baby you know we already talked about this. I'm all the way in Paris, I don't want to miss it this year but you know I gotta provide for my family. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

I sighed. "Okay."

"You mad at me?"

"I just want you here, I am sexually frustrated. I miss you."

"I'll make it up baby, I swear because I feel so bad about missing that. How about you take Alley out with you and y'all just be with each other?"

"She has a boyfriend so I'm pretty sure she's going to be with him." I said.

"That's not her boyfriend, that's her friend and she don't need to be doing too much of nothing."

"You're in denial babe, that's basically her boyfriend."

"No the fuck it's not."

"What if he has taken her virginity or plans to on Friday?" I said smiling.