Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Zoey

It's been a few days and I haven't said anything to Ezra about the empty condom package I found in his pants. I'm not even sure how to approach him about it. Part of me wants to completely ignore but the other part of me want answers. He's been acting a bit weird for a while though.

I made fried pork chops, mashed potatoes with gravy, corn on the cob and fresh green beans for dinner. I don't even know how I managed to cook it all when baby Eli has all of my attention. Alyssa's friend, Jailee is staying the night so I wanted them to have something to eat.

"Girls! Dinner is ready." I called at them.

I'm glad Alyssa has found a good friend because I was worried at first. They are inseparable now.

I had Eli in my arms feeding him as they walked into the kitchen to sit down and eat.

"This looks soooo good Mom." Alyssa said.

"It really does." Jailee joined in.

"Thank you." I responded.

"Where's Dad?" Alyssa questioned.

I sighed. "He'll be here soon."

"Well Jailee and I are going to this Halloween bonfire this weekend. There's so much going on. Do you mind if I spend the weekend over her house?" Alyssa said.

I glanced at her. "Um, are you sure her mother is okay with that? Things get crazy on holidays like this and you need to be very responsible Alley."

"My mom is okay with it." Jailee chimed in.

"See...but I am responsible mom. I can take care of myself plus it's my senior year and I want to remember it."

"If you prove to me otherwise then I won't let you go anywhere else." I told her.

She smiled. "Thanks mom, I'm not gonna let you down."

"We will see." I said putting baby Eli across my shoulder and patting his back so he could burp.

Ezra came walking in the house and sat down at the table.

"Hey." He spoke.

"Hi dad!" Alyssa said.

"Hello." Jailee said smiling.

I noticed he had some makeup on his white colored Polo crew neck. I wish I didn't see it.

"Why are you here so late?" I asked as casually as I could.

He never looked up from his plate.

"I had paperwork to do today, it was a lot."

Jailee and Alyssa were giggling about something on their phones so I don't think they were paying attention but I still wasn't going start anything with either of them in the room.

"How was work?" I questioned.

"It was cool. Same thing everyday."

I could not stop looking at his shirt and just wondering. I know he's not cheating again. God I can't do that again. I don't ever want to go through that again but something just isn't right with him.

As we finished eating, Alyssa and Jailee stayed in the kitchen and cleaned while Ezra and I headed upstairs with Eli.

I laid him on the bed and he just stared back at me. I know he's tired so I'm gonna put him to sleep in a bit.