Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Ezra

"How y'all been doing?" I asked sitting on the couch with Giselle as Kayla played around with the Xbox Kinect.

"We're okay, I think you should come out and visit us instead of us packing up every two or three weeks because I can't keep doing it. I'm pretty sure schedule is more flexible than mine." Giselle said finishing up a text then looking up at me.

I sighed. "I been having a lot going on G, shit starting to stress me out."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Nah, I'm good on that."

"You sure? You look like a lot has been bothering you. What was all of that about you and that dancer girl a few weeks ago?"

"Shit just got out of hand, it wasn't shit though." I told her.

"The girls love E still obviously." She said smiling.

I laughed. "It's nothing like that, ol' girl just...had a point to prove I guess. I don't know."

"What kinda point is that if she tried to have sex with you on stage in front of everyone. I wish someone would try that with my man." Giselle said sipping wine.

"What's sex?" Kayla asked as she turned from her game to look at us.

"Something you don't need to know until you're about 40, finish your game." I told Kayla.

Giselle laughed. "I'm pretty sure it'll happen before 40."

"That's not funny G." I said serious as hell.

"So why did this girl think that she could do that to you? Are y'all close?"

"That's my lil dancer, that's all. It's nothing more. I chop it up with her every now and then."

"She's really cute but the cute ones you have to watch out for."

I smiled and just stared at her. "You think I don't know that?"

"I hope you learned your lesson." Giselle said laughing.

"We was young, it was different then. I knew better but I didn't." I told her.

Giselle stared at me searching for words.

"Sometimes I wish I would've just done things differently."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Not saying that I don't love my child because I do. I just wish I would have waited and been smarter about my decisions. I always wanted to be married before I had a child."

"Yeah, I understand. You got a boyfriend now or what?" I asked.

She smiled. "Wouldn't you like to know..."

"Hell yeah, what's up?"

"Why do you need to know E?"

"She has a boyfriend and he stayed over one night then made us breakfast in bed. We went to the park and got ice cream. It was so much fun." Kayla said smiling.

"Y'all be kicking huh? He spending the night and shit." I said to Giselle.

Giselle gave Kayla an evil eye before looking back at me.

"E, he's a really nice guy. I promise. I never came across a guy like him before. He understands me and takes me as I am along with my daughter. He treat her like she's his child."