Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Zoey

I was in the kitchen making tacos for my family on this Friday night. It's been a long week for all of us especially trying to prepare for our little guy. His room is done and we're just waiting for his arrival.

"Babe, you could of went out for your birthday." I told Ezra as he walked into the kitchen.

It's now getting close to Mid-October and his birthday is tomorrow.

"Considering that he can come at any moment now, that's probably not the best idea." Ezra said.

"Well I know you wanna have fun, it's your birthday weekend. Do you wanna do something? I can make some plans." I said.

Ezra stood in front of me smiling. "Just bring my son into the world safe and sound."

"I hope nothing goes wrong."

"He gonna be alright if you've made it this far...now come eat." He said helping me to the table as I wobbled.

Alyssa came and sat down at the table and immediately started making a plate.

"So, did y'all ever decide what his name is?" Alyssa asked.

"Cameron Elijah..." Ezra said smiling.

"What happened to Bradley?" I questioned.

"I like Cameron better."

"Fine. That's cute too."  I said.

"I know you're tired of being pregnant mom." Alyssa said.

I laughed. "It's a blessing to have even made it this far. Quite a journey but I am ready to deliver him."

"Yeah me too."

"You seem a little happier these days, what's going on?" I asked.

She smiled. "Nothing, just getting back to the care free Alley."

Ezra stared at her. "What does that mean?"

"Nothing dad, just trying to find my inner peace." She expressed.

"What happened to Ryan?" He questioned.

Alyssa hesitated for a moment before she finally said anything.

"Well it's been nearly three months and we're still friends...and I'm still single."

"You good? You wanna talk?" Ezra asked as his jaw clenched.

"No, thanks. I'm fine."

Ezra looked at me like he wanted to say something else but chose not to. He probably scared that boy away when he went to talk to him a few weeks back. We didn't tell her that he did but she was just so depressed because of it all.

Ezra doesn't play about her or her happiness. As any other dad is with their daughter, he's wrapped around her finger. He probably shouldn't have intervened between what they had going on which I tried to tell him but he didn't care, that's his little girl.