Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Ezra

Mane, I'm fucking tired.

I was laying in bed watching TV as Zoey came in with the baby. We ain't really been talking lately and it's fine with me.

"Do you plan on helping with the baby?" She asked sitting on the bed.

She looked exhausted. There were bags under her eyes and she looked kinda bad. I haven't really seen her look like this.

"I help." I said.

"...I'm tired Ezra...really tired." She said softly.

"Go to sleep."

"I can't since I'm the only one taking care of him. You haven't been helping Ezra."

I sighed. "Zoey don't start."

"You don't help. You haven't been since he's been born."

"I'm not about to argue with you Zoey. Damn, I don't wanna hear that shit tonight." I said getting up from the bed.

She irritated me that fast.

Zoey

I know I looked terrible and I felt terrible. I just wanted help with baby Eli at this point and I couldn't even get that. I'm emotionally and physically drained.

"Where are you going?" I asked as he stood.

"Mane every time I come home you wanna argue. I'm not about to listen to that tonight." Ezra said.

"Where do you stay when you don't come home?" I asked staring at him.

He laughed sarcastically while shaking his head.

"You just don't fucking stop." He said.

"Ezra please don't go. I'm so tired and I've had 2 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours." I said basically begging at this point.

He just looked at me then turned and left the room. I sighed in frustration.

Baby Eli was laying on the bed quiet and just staring at me. I got down on my knees next to the bed and tears just started streaming down my face.

I can't do this anymore. I guess I should go through with the divorce. Everything has changed and it's not getting better. In fact, it's getting worse. Im tired of fighting with him.

I climbed on the bed and grabbed baby Eli and just held him in my arms. I love him so much and wouldn't trade him for the world.

"Mommy loves you Eli, I always will." I said as tears continued falling from my eyes.

My phone vibrated with a message from Brea. It was a screenshot of an article from those messy media outlets. The picture had Ezra and I on there and some girl named Emily in the back. The headline read: "Music superstar Cairo and wife split? New chick in the picture and she's gorgeous!"

I had to go find the article myself so I could read it and when I did. I just felt like shit. The article talked about how neither of us were wearing rings and that I'm filing for divorce, it also said that E has a new girl already. I guess this girl name is Emily...she's really pretty.

I just couldn't stop the tears from falling. How did this media outlet even find out about our potential divorce and who's this girl?

The baby had fallen asleep in my arms so I went and laid him down in his crib then went downstairs. Ezra was spread out on the couch watching tv and he glanced at me as I walked towards him.