Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Brea

Eric and I left the Christmas get together and went on our little date. I made sure my kids would be taken care of before I left so they should be okay. We went to a bar that had a live jazz band and open mic. It was so nice and laid back, really romantic to me. We had drinks and were just talking, the vibe was incredible.

"How you been holding up with your situation?" Eric asked staring at me from across the table.

"I'm learning to deal with it, you know it doesn't just go away and I don't just stop loving him but I feel like I did what I had to do. I didn't want to but it was getting worse." I told him.

"Yeah I know, that shit takes time. I'm sorry you went through that, he'll be sorry in the long run too. You're a great woman and your strong. I admire that and I know it took a lot to leave because yall have kids." Eric said to me.

I looked down because I was getting the urge to just cry my heart out but I didn't want to do that. I placed my hand over my eyes.

"Stop Brea, it's okay to let it out. I promise, you'll feel so much better by letting it out." He said.

I looked up at him, wiping my eyes.

"I fell in love with him when we were young and he was everything I thought I wanted. After I got pregnant things changed, I felt us growing apart but then we started doing good and got married. I don't think he ever wanted to marry me and part of me knew that. I just wasn't enough for him, he broke me but here I was trying to be strong and make it work then it all came crashing down right in front of my eyes." I had tears falling and I wasn't trying to be emotional.

"People often change and sometimes it's not always for the good. Just because he didn't love you right don't mean it's no one out there. Moving on is the hardest to do especially when it's someone you want so much. You gotta know in your heart & mind that you need to do what's best for you. You need to know that it's someone out there who will love you so much better than he could. You're a queen Brea and I salute you fir staying that long, but I respect you so much more for knowing you deserve better and going to get it. It's normal to feel down, we're human but baby girl if he seeing you like that all the time then he feels as though he still has control over you. Cry your heart out and then move on and show him that better is out there. I've been there and I've fucked up before but I learned from that shit. It gets better." Eric expressed with so much concern and emotion.

"I'm so scared to move on because my trust is messed up. I'm so...broken, who's going to want to deal with it? Some days I feel like I can take on the world and other days not so much. I want to move on but I just don't feel like I'm good enough." I told him as I covered my face and let the tears spilled.

I felt Eric arms wrap around me then he pulled me to his chest. I tried so hard not to let my tears fall, I really did.

"It's going to be okay, I promise you that. One day you won't have to worry like this and you won't have to cry because you're hurting." Eric said.

I looked up at him and he wiped my eyes then gave me a small smile.

"Why are you here with me? Why do you care so much?" I asked him.

"Honestly?"

"Yes." I replied.

"I've been wanting you since I laid eyes on you, you're beautiful. I was aware that you were married but when I saw you around at work you never looked happy. I talked to Zoey a few times about you and I had my mind set on you. I want you and I want to love you. I want you to trust me enough with your heart even though your past ain't pretty. Some day I want to give you the world simply because you deserve it and then some. I want to show you what real love is really about. If that requires me to be here with you right now at one of your bad points then so be it, I'm here for you...flaws and all." Eric said staring me deeply in the eyes.

"You're so sweet." I managed to say.

He smiled. "You're perfect."

"I'm sorry for breaking down like this, I really wasn't trying to."

"It's okay, we're human...it happens. I rather see you smile than crying like this though. I love your smile."

I just continued staring into his eyes then winked at me smiling.

"We should get going, I'm tired." I said.

"Well, why don't you come stay the night with me and let me help you relax. I'm not talking sex either. Your kids are gone and I don't want you to stay at your crib and sulk." Eric said.

"I don't know Eric..." I said sitting up.

"Trust me please, I really want you to relax and let go just for one night." He said standing as he placed a $100 bill on the table then reaching for my hand.

Well I guess I have to start working on my trust at some point. I grabbed his hand and we exited the building.

*

Eric and I were laying in his bed at his condo. I got really comfortable and changed into one of his crisp white t-shirts and black joggers. I had taken off my makeup and my hair was pulled into a messy bun. When we first got back we made chocolate covered strawberries and were now eating them.

"Lay on your stomach and relax, I'm going to give you a massage." Eric told me.

I smiled at him then laid down on my stomach as I continued eating the strawberries. Eric climbed on the bed and positioned himself to give me the proper massage. I was between his legs as he did so. I instantly started to relax as his hands worked around my shoulder. It felt amazing.

I felt myself drifting off to sleep as he made his way to my lower back, it just felt amazing.

"You okay?" Eric asked.

"Yes, it feels nice." I mumbled.

"Don't fall asleep on me." I heard him say.

"I'm not, just relaxing." I was just about sleep when he turned me over.

We were face to face and he stared at me smiling then I giggled and covered my face. He quickly removed my hands.

"Don't cover your face, you're beautiful." Eric told me.

I bit my lip then he grinned.

"Aren't you tired?" I asked as my heart started to pound.

"Yes, I am."

"What are you waiting for?" I questioned.

That smile never left his face so I pulled him closer then pressed my lips to his but he took over and gave me a really sweet kiss before pulling away. He stared at me in shock and amazement.

"Maybe we should go to sleep." Eric said moving next to me.

"Great idea." I replied smiling.

He cleared the bed and turned out the lights then got back in the bed with me. He wrapped his arms around me under the covers then pulled me close and I buried my face in his chest. I felt wanted for the first time in a long time.

*

"Wake up beautiful." I heard Eric's voice.

I opened my eyes then sat up in bed looking around. My eyes widened and my heart melted as I watched Eric sit a tray of breakfast food in front of me. Omg.

"You cooked for me?" I asked.

"Of course, eat up." Eric said smiling.

"I've never had this before."

"It's gonna take some getting used to."

I laughed. "You're so sweet, thank you."

"Anything for you, you deserve it."

Wow, maybe he is super serious about me. I know he makes me feel great and I love it. He brings great energy, I like him a lot.

***COMMENT & VOTE PLEASE***