13 ● Scribbles ●

Lumi's pov.

"Oh stop sulking already!" I said frustrated.

"Hmph. You should't have been so inconsiderate. What if Kakashi had died!" Sakura practically yelled at me.

So, Sakura has been grumpy at me since Kakashi fainted. I hear the reason is because I was too 'carefree' during the situation. And she didn't like my death act either. The bump on my head told that quite clearly. Such a violent woman.

"I knew he wasn't going to die so I didn't see any point in crying when he fainted." I put an reassuring hand to Sakura's shoulder. "He's going to be completely fine, it'll just take some time for him to recover from the after effects of the fight, but he'll still be up and kicking in no time."

Sakura let out a defeated sigh, accepting my words and going inside Tazuna's daughter's house, probably to check on Kakashi again.

It didn't take long 'till there was a loud 'thump' heard as Naruto barged out of the house calling my name and falling face first to the ground. That didn't stop him for long as he already got up and was shouting again.

"Lumi! Sensei's awake! Hurry, come!"

I smiled at Naruto's enthusiasm. He was quite worried about Kakashi, like we all were. It's a little confusing when I know he'll be alright but I still feel so worried, no matter what I said to Sakura.

Maybe it's just too much in my nature to care about everyone's well being. I thought as I came to the room were Kakashi laid on the mattress, everyone had come to see him awake and Sakura had already started lecturing him about over using his sharingan.

"But you defeated such a strong ninja. We should be okay for a while." Tazuna said while cooling himself a little with a fan.

"By the way, who was the boy in the mask?"

"He had the mask of a pursuing ninja from a special squad from the Hidden Village of Mist's ANBU.
They are also known as the fire extinguishing unit, and their job is to erase any evidence that a ninja was alive.
A ninja's body will give away the secrets of ninja techniques and chakra of the village it was in, any specific medicine that was used on a body, along with various other things." Kakashi answered Sakura with an even voice.

"For example, if I die, the secret to the sharingan will be examined and in the worst case scenario, there's a possibility that my techniques, including the sharingan, will be stolen.
In other words, pursuing ninja will kill exiled ninja who have abandoned the village and dispose of the ninja's body. Stopping any secrets of the village from being revealed. They are specialists in the field."

He fell silent for a moment.

"What's wrong, Sensei?" Naruto asked.

"Oh, about what I was talking about before... Pursuing ninja are supposed to eliminate the corpse on the spot."

"So?"

"What did the boy with the mask do to Zabuza?"

"How are we supposed to know? He took Zabuza away." Sakura asked a little frustrated.

"That's right. All he needed to do was bring back the head as proof. Also, the weapon that boy used to kill Zabuza is questionable."

"The long needles. Could it be..." So, Sasuke figured it out already. I have to say he did that quite fast.

"Yeah, it's just what you're thinking."

"What are you talking about?" Tazuna butted in to the conversation.

"Zabuza is still alive."

This sentence resulted as shocked shouts from Naruto, Sakura and Tazuna.