22 ● Ignis ●

I don't own the picture above.
It's now going to take longer from me to update from now on, because I have to write the future chapters from a scratch.
I can't wait till I get to the chapter where something... exciting is revealed! ;)

Lumi's pov.

I opened my eyes with a start, quickly sitting up and rapidly turning my head from side to side so quickly my forehead protector came off, but I ignored it as I was trying to register my surroundings while wondering what just happened. I was still in the cave like structure made of the roots of a tree and it was bright outside, probably a mid day. As I looked everywhere I noticed the shelter was empty. Where's Luca?!

I ungracefully rose up and stumbled out of the cave, tripping in the process. I guess I overdid it a little with the fight.

As I finally got out I was greeted with a sight of Luca on the shore of the river, his paw raised, prepared to struck.

"LUCA!" I shouted with relief and started hurriedly heading his way. My shout startled him.
There was a yelp and the next thing I hear is something big hitting the water. Ups. He fell.

Who cares?! I'm just happy!

I ran to him and jumped to the water, splashing the water on his face, which made him splutter, and hugged him, wrapping my arms tightly around the wet fur surrounding his neck. I felt like shedding a tear or two of relief. He was okay. Alive!

"You don't need to strangle me." He croaked to which I quickly pulled back and just smiled to him, sitting in the water, which made Aqva snigger and yell happily at the feeling of the cool liquid.

"Thank god you woke up. I was starting to get worried when you slept over 36 hours. Waking up after getting poisoned to just see you to fall on your face isn't funny... much."

That long? Yes, I was exhausted, but at most I should've only needed to recover for a day, not one and a half! Was it because of the dream...?

I shivered at the thought, I still could feel the voices in the deep parts of my mind, hearing them humming and mumbling, but not getting a clear picture of what they were saying.

"Are you okay?" I raised my eyes to look at Luca, who was looking at me worriedly. I gave him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, my energy reserves are full and my body is only a little stiff for being still for so long, I only need to stretch a little." My small smile grew into a wide playful grin. "Wanna compete who can get more fish?"

Luca answered with a grin of his own and we quickly took our positions. Me on the other side of the river and Luca on the other side. We spent hours like that, me by controlling the water so that when I raised a bubble of it, it had a fish or two in it. It's good training. Of course I didn't take all of them, only one now and then.

Luca had honed his fishing skills a lot during our three years in Akata, he hadn't caught any humans anymore from the water like he did with me, but managed to get a fish or two quite often. With a strong swipe of his paw he threw the fish out of the water and to the shore. Few times some fish managed to wiggle back to the water, even when Luca tried to desperately get a hold of them.

He often got hit by the tail of the fish and one of them even accidentally jumped into Luca's mouth head first. He had almost choked in it, but managed to spit it to the shore. I had laughed so much I had completely lost control of the water bubble. My laughter probably let a spurt of energy out of me, because the bubble exploded, getting me, Luca and the closest trees to get wet. This made both of us laugh until our stomachs hurt.

After calming down and little more fishing we had caught ten fishes, which was perfect amount for us. Seven for Luca, three for me.

We build a fire before the sun had set and cooked the fish, deciding we should put it out before the dark. We know it's vital to have a heat source during the night so we wouldn't get killed by hypothermia, but the light of fire would attract unwanted visitors, two or four legged, and we wanted to avoid that. However we had an advantage, and that was Luca's fur. Luca emits enough body heat to keep me warm enough and to keep me alive, it could get a little chilly, but I'll survive.