35 ● Wishes Of The Dead ●

Third person's pov.

Everyone were too occupied by the two giant snakes in front of them to notice Lumi holding her both arms in front of her, her eyebrows scrunched in concentration.

'I hope this works.' Lumi thought as a droplet of sweat ran down her cheek. She could feel her energy draining quickly. Trying to heal two people in hard condition and now giving a lot of energy away to a ghost was taking a serious toll on her energy reserves. These things were something she hadn't completely mastered as of yet, that's why she didn't have the ability to use only the needed amount of energy, but wasted some of it in the process like a genin learning to perform ninjutsu.

"Oi! Are you okay?" Nawaki frowned when he saw Lumi's face grow slightly paler than normal as she continued to give him her power. He knew that if he wanted to fulfill his plan he needed quite a lot of energy, but did this girl have enough not to collapse?

"I'm fine." Lumi said through her gritted teeth. She recognised the starting symptoms of energy deprivation, but she needed to push her limits now. She wasn't confident enough for her abilities to be of major use so she only could hope to be a power boost to those who did have a chance with their abilities. She didn't know if Nawaki's abilities would actually be of use, but something was telling her that they were.

"Maybe you should stop now. It's enough already." Nawaki knew he was lying, but he didn't want to see this girl collapse because of him.

Lumi shook her head stubbornly. "No, it's not. Ten more seconds." Energy deprivation is as dangerous as chakra deprivations is, but Lumi could gather energy from her surroundings to regain the lost energy. She should be fine.

9

Nawaki nodded slightly, not happy to see the girl like this. Her hairline was getting wet with sweat because of the strain.

8

Lumi's limbs were trembling slightly. The snakes leaned back slightly, tensing their muscles as they waited for their command to come.

7

Lumi winced when she felt a twinge of pain. She would need painkillers soon or she was going to go insane.

6

Lumi panted, trying to maintain the steady flow of energy between her and Nawaki, but regardless of her efforts, it was getting slower.

5

A tongue of the other snake slithered in the air, smelling the small, pathetic humans in front of it.

4

A cold smile spread to Orochimaru's lips. "Let's go." The snakes sprung into action.

3

Naruto let out a screech, alerting Lumi, who was starting to see stars as her line of vision was getting foggier. 'Come on! Just a little bit more!'

2

The huge heads of the two reptiles plunges down, their mouths open and ready to devour the first meal of their day. Shizune had already taken hold of Tsunade and prepared to jump away from the snakes, just like Jiraiya and Naruto, but instead of being ready to spring into action, Lumi was ready to slump to the ground.

1

The hairs on Lumi's neck rose up as the snakes were just upon them. Would she make it?

'Hurry!'

0

Everything happened in an instant.

Lumi's eyes fluttered close, her body starting to fall.