42 ● No More Just A Puzzle Piece ●

Lumi's pov.

*wheeze* *poof* *wheeze*

I'm dying!

I can't! I can't anymore! The damn princess better walk to me, because I can't take even one step anymore!

Geez! Getting kidnapped seriously damages one's healt!

I heave and huff against a tree. I'm standing on a stranded street, the evening getting seriously dark. Those guys are soon going to speak to him...

The thought makes me groan. I have to hurry!

I hear rustling on a nearby tree and see a glimpse of the familiar hair. I sigh in relief.

I take the last steps that are between me and the tree he is sitting on. When I hit the tree, he finally gazes down at me.

"Missed me, Princess?" I heave and despite my tiredness, I smirk. Sasuke's expression stays stoick and he doesn't answer me, just turns his head to look back at something only he can see.

"It was quite hard to find you, you know? There was this one guy that looked exactly like you. He fooled me until he opened his mouth. That guy sure can make some noise! But, now that I think about it, he was a lot shorter and had a peak. Go figure. Must be one of your wannabes." I snicker, but seriously, on my way here, some demented duck just suddenly tried to attack me! She must've have her ducklings close and she was protecting them, but what are the chances that it attacks me and then I have to run and nearly die of exhaustion?!

I glance at Sasuke and he is ignoring me. I huff and take a hold of the three. I try to climb it, but my escapade has me too exhausted to do even that.

I groan.

"It's quite annoying to talk to you from down here. Move it and help me up there!" I complain like a child, but Sasuke doesn't move a muscle, well, except a muscle in his cheek seems to be twitching.

I try another method. "If you don't help me up I'll call your fangirls over."

I smirk when Sasuke reaches his hand towards me at this. I grab it and he easily pulls me to the branch in front of him.

"You've lost weight." He retorts.

"Yeah, the place I was housing in for few days had no food to offer. Hideous room service. Worst I've ever seen! The bed felt like it was made of steel and the planket made of air. It even had a snake in there wandering around! Can you believe it?! I wouldn't recommend it. That place isn't even worth one star!" I say jokingly and see that Sasuke is staring at me.

"What?"

"Idiot."

I blanch at that. "What was that for, you prissy princess?!"

"That dress doesn't suit you."

I look at the hospital gown in mock horror. "But the hospital staff said it goes well with my eyes! What a waste of money!"

Sasuke arches his eyebrow slightly. "You bought it?"

"No, I stole it. Couldn't find my shirt. Can you believe that they tie their patients to their beds in there?"

"Only you I believe."

I shrug. "Could be. So!" I change the subject. "How have you been while I was away? Missed me?"

Sasuke makes a noise that resembles huffing "Hardly. I've had a vacation from saving your idiot ass."

"Hey! You saved this little pretty ass only once! And even then I didn't need help!" When Zabuza did that water move, I could have handled it even without him taking a hold of me. I can swim you know!