32 ● New Table And Night Terrors ●

Third person's pov.

Tsunade's refusal had raised an uproar...

That uproar being Naruto.

With drooping eyes, Lumi had watched the exchange of words and insults between the blond boy and Tsunade, which resulted to them getting out of the pub to sort out their scuffle.

Jiraiya had expected the negative answer he got from the woman, but he was surprised by Naruto's behaviour somewhat. He knew the boy pursued to become a Hokage in the future, but he never quessed he actually respected the title so much that he would threaten to hit a woman, much older woman not to mention, in the face for insulting the title, and so on the people who once possessed it.

When Naruto and Tsunade left the table, it was left in Jiraiya's care to drag out the sleepy girl that refused to leave the chair.

"Noooooooo!" Lumi whined as she tried to keep her hold of the table strong. Currently Jiraiya had a hold of the girl's legs, while her upperbody was on top of the table she was gripping onto.

"Don't be such a brat and come! Aren't you worried that Tsunade will kill your friend?" Jiraiya asked, trying to coax the girl and leave the shop.

"He'll be fine! But I'm not! My body is shutting down out of tiredness and if I don't soon get some sleep, I can't promise we all will survive the night!" The girl yelled loudly, earning several glares from the aprons of the bar.

Jiraiya chuckled at them sheepishly, wordlessly swirling his finger towards his head, indicating the girl to be a bit loco.

Lumi saw this and her cheeks grew red in annoyance. Defiantly she released her hold of the table and bit her teeth to it, making them sink in deeply.

Jiraiya groaned loudly at the new development, trying to pull the girl away and even trying to wrench her jaws open, but her vice like grip didn't give in. In frustration, Jiraiya eventually resorted to just drag the girl from the bar by her feet, ignoring the scraping sound the table made behind him.

"Hey! You cannot take the table with you!" One of the waitresses said loudly, but was silenced when Jiraiya threw some money over his shoulder to the girl.

"I'll be buying it. Have nice rest of the evening." He grumbled, not believing that he actually had to spend money to something as useless as a table, when he could've invested it into his important research!

When the two of them got outside, the table with them, Tsunade and Naruto had already taken their places, ready to face each other. Tsunade, in her drunken state, announced that one finger of her's was enough to defeat the boy, which made Naruto shake in his childish rage.

Now that she wasn't being dragged anymore, Lumi sat on top of the longish table and tiredly watched the scene in front of her. To think an adult woman, a Sannin nonetheless, was challenging a genin boy that acted out of rash emotions. Sure, Lumi was rash at times too, but now that her vision kept going foggy every ten seconds, she just wanted this be over with.

Lumi's eyes caught movement far behind Tsunade, near the bar they had just came out from. Lumi saw a figure standing there, hiding in the shadows. With her blurry eyes, she could see dark spiky short hair and something meatllic glinting dimply on the figures forehead. The figure waved his hand to Lumi slightly and in wonder, Lumi responded to it with a wave of her own. In curiosity,  she was about to get up and say hello to the strange person, but a sudden voice stopped her.

"This sure brings back memories." An unfamiliar voice said next to the girl. Slowly, Lumi turned to look to her left, seeing a boy sitting next to her. She squinted her already half closed eyes in confusion. She hadn't heard anything, nor even felt when he took his place so close to her. Lumi turned her head back to the direction of the boy she saw, but could no longer find him. Where did he go?