32. Death's Wishes (Part 2)

(Disclaimer: I do NOT own any characters from The Devil Is a Part Timer nor the Media Pic or Video!)

You walked along the sidewalk without looking, hoping you'd jaywalk into the road and get hit by a car or something. Yeah, that didn't seem so bad...

You were currently lost in your thoughts, still pondering about the bridge incident that had just occurred a day ago. You were meant to die that day. Everyone was meant to forget about you and move on... like they already have. Yet, you were living... breathing... nearly smiling from the kind words that were said to you that day.

'You should be more careful...'

The words rang in your mind over and over again, like a catchy song that had burned its way into your brain. You're heart jumped every time you thought them over. Did someone... actually care?

Probably not.

'Stupid brain... always trying to make me feel worse than I already do with freaking logic. Why would anyone in this cruel world actually care? Cause that's totally not possible...'

But it really isn't.

'Ok, now I'm just ticked off.'

You sighed and kept walking, turning a bit for a change in direction. That... might not have been the best idea...

"LOOK OUT!!"

You're head lifted up and you heard a horn honking. Two bright lights faced you, and a loud screech interrupted your hearing.

"AH!" You screamed, feeling your head thud against something as you fell to the cold, hard ground.

Your eyes blinked open, and you gasped at the first thing you saw. You laid on the ground, breathing heavily, with a purple hair man hovering over you. You blushed.

The man moved to the side a stood up, holding a hand out to you. You tilted your head at the hand. 'Does he want me to pay him or something...? Gosh, the world really is cruel...'

"Sorry about that. I'm not really good at being social, but let me help you up." The man said.

You blinked. 'He wants to help me...? Well, that's a first.'

You hesitated before taking his hand and letting him lift you up. "I-it's ok..." You mumbled.

"Are you ok?" He asked somewhat worriedly.

'I'm horrible, thanks for asking.' You thought miserably. But obviously you couldn't say that.

"I'm fine." You said with a bit of a fake smile, trying to cover up the fact that you basically just wanted to die this instant.

"You sure? I mean... you did almost get hit by a car."

You're eyes widened. Realizing what just happened. 'He... he pushed me out of the way. He saved me... again.'

"Wait, aren't you the girl I ran into earlier? Sorry again for pushing you."

"It's fine..." You said, lost in your own thoughts. He shrugged it off and continued walking away, leaving you alone once again.

'Who is that guy...?'

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

'Well, that plan of suicide failed. What should I try next? Should I even try again, or just wait for something bad to happen to me already?'

You sat on a bench at the park, looking at the pond below you. It was nearly sunset. 'Gosh dang it though, now I have to spend another night trying to find somewhere to sleep and a security guard might friggin yell at me again. Maybe I should just sleep in a tree.'

You stood up and walked over to the pond, crouching down as a few fish scurried to the other side. You gazed at your reflection. A small tear slipped from your eye and splashed into the water. You rubbed your eyes and sighed. 'I can't cry now. Crying will only make it harder for me. I have to be strong.'

You stood back up and spinned on your heal, causing you to slip on a small puddle, falling back. "AHH!" You shrieked, splashing into the cold pond.

You didn't know how to swim...

The water terrified you. Of course you wanted to die, but not like this. Your hair floated around you. It was as if everything was in slow motion. You started to panic, trying to swim up to the surface, but failing.

The pond was too deep.

Being in this state reminded you of that terrifying sonic song that played whenever sonic was drowning. (AN: Media Video) The beat would get faster and faster by the second. Man, that thing was scary. I mean, what kind of monster would create that? No child should be stressed so much to the point of not being able to sleep all night!

Anyway, back to life. You were drowning. Isn't that just dandy?

You finally stopped trying to get back up to the surface. You gently closed your eyes, letting the fear take over you.

This was your time to die.

Yay.

How wonderful.

'Ok brain, just shut up and let me die already! Gosh! You don't have to make it more depressing than it already is!'

You soon felt a small weight under your arm, followed along with another. You felt yourself being pulled up. A giant wave of relief hit you as you reached the surface. You took in a giant breath and wrapped your arms around the first thing you could.

You were breathing heavily, trying to get the air to fill your lungs again. As soon as your breath was steady, you looked up to see a person with his arms wrapped around your waist, and your arms wrapped around his neck. What was even more surprising...

It was the purple haired guy.

"You really need to stop nearly dying." He said looking at you.

You blushed, shivering as you looked at him, too cold to find the words to say. He noticed this and grabbed the edge of the pond, lifting himself up, along with you.

You slightly squealed at how cold it was out of the water. You looked up to the sky. Sunset had passed. It was night time. You started to shiver again, and made a small sneeze.

The man sighed and took off his jacket, wrapping it around you. You blushed from the kind gesture and snuggled into the surprisingly warm jacket.

You shut your eyes as the warmth of the jacket took over you. You felt your eyes grow heavy and start to droop. Soon, sleep took over you right before you felt two arms lift you up.

To Be Continued...

AN: Ok, how was it? I really need to sleep now since schools gonna be a pain tomorrow... or I should say today since its past midnight. Oh well. Thanks for reading!! Plz comment! I really love reading comments! Anyway, bye guys! :3