22. Faded Memories

(Disclaimer: I do NOT own any characters from The Devil Is a Part Timer nor the Media Pic!)
(Ps. This was a request from DatSmexyAckerman. Thanks for the request! :3)

"Hey Lucifer...?" You asked.

He turned around and watched as your eyes became teary. You sniffled. He was about to leave for another war against the angels, while you always stayed safe in the small broken down house... he protected you.

"You'll come back... right?"

Lucifer smiled. "I always do. After all, you're the only person who keeps me sane in this cruel world."

You slightly laughed and rubbed away your tears. "Ok, goodbye Lucifer."

"Goodbye Y/n."

Right before he was about to fly, you grabbed his arm, causing him to turn back.

"I love you."

He smiled. "I love you too."

With that, he took off. Each day, you were always worried about him... after all, he was your boyfriend. You didn't know what you could do without him protecting you.

You were an angel...

...his angel...

...in the wrong territory.

Everyone had thought you died. No one expected you to be alive. Not even the council. You had really faked your death so you could be with Lucifer.

...because no one made you happier than he did.

(1 day later)

You started softly humming to yourself...

Waiting for his return...

(2 days later)

You sighed, keeping yourself warm with your angel wings...

Still waiting...

(3 days later)

This was the longest he had ever been gone...

You were starting to get more worried by the minute...

(4 days later)

He'll come back...

He will...

He has to...

(5 days later)

The tears finally started leaking from your eyes. You slid down the wall of the small house... letting your tears flow down. You sobbed into your arms, wrapping your wings tightly around yourself.

He can't be dead...

Can he...?

(Le Time Skip)