Chapter 6

Alisa POV

The concert was only a month away but it felt like it was taking forever. I just wanted to see their beautiful faces already. Amanda and I discussed what we were going to wear at least a million times.

Today we were going to the mall, and afterwards she would sleepover. We rolled all the windows down and blasted 5sos the whole ride there, earning multiple stares from other drivers but I honestly could care less.

Reality was finally kicking in. I've never been more excited about anything in my life. When we got to the mall, we headed straight to Forever 21. After 20 minutes of looking around I ended up buying lipgloss and a pair of socks with doughnuts on them.

Very successful shopping trip, I know. Since we both skipped lunch, we went to Nando's and then to a few more stores before leaving. Since it was still pretty early, we decided we'd go to the movies. The two of us agreed on seeing The Lego Movie.

I felt a little childish, but who cares? We were both too full for popcorn, surprisingly as we usually eat like pigs, so we went into the theater to find seats. The movie ended about an hour later. I didn't realize how late it was, but it was dark when we got outside.

We got back to my house and put our pajamas on. "I can't believe it's only a month away, it's crazy." It was crazy. I still felt like I should be dreaming. "I know" I said. "It all feels unreal, but this is really happening. One month to the greatest day of our lives".

Amanda fell asleep about 10 minutes later, so I sat awake thinking to myself. I was never able to sleep when I had sleepovers, I didn't understand why but I just couldn't. I turned my lamp on and grabbed my notebook.

Lyrics always flowed through my mind late at night. It's as if my mind only sparks creativity after midnight. I didn't want to wake Amanda up with my guitar so I silently hummed melodies to myself, jotting down more lyrics.

"Dim that spotlight, tell me things like I can't take my eyes off of you" I jotted down more lyrics before humming again "I'm no one special just another wide eyed girl, who's desperately in love with you. Give me a photograph, to hang on my wall... 

Hm. What rhymes with wall that sounds good? I rolled over and saw my Luke poster in the reflection of the moonlight. That's when it hit me.

I grabbed my notebook again and wrote it down. "Give me a photograph, to hang on my wall....Superstar." I turned my lamp off and closed my eyes. All I thought before I drifted off into my slumber, was one more month.

~

The next morning I was woken up to Amanda smacking me in the head with her pillow. "Hey, what was that for?" I groaned. "You need to get up, it's 11:30 in the afternoon." "Alright, alright I'm up you noob".

We went downstairs to my mom making pancakes and bacon. I silently thanked her, that's just what I needed right now. "Good afternoon, sleepy heads". "Morning" we said in unison. I turned my head to the TV, and noticed the news playing.

"Only 27 days until 5 Seconds of Summer is here in town. "Eekkkk!" I banged on the table, while screeching through my orange juice. "OH MY GOD 27 DAYS!!" Amanda and I both screamed. It really was never too early to fangirl.

My mother stared at us both in amusement. "You girls are too obsessed with these boys". After breakfast, Amanda left and I got dressed. I took my guitar and notebook and tried to pick up my song where I left off last night.

"You play in bars, you play guitar, I'm invisible and everyone knows who you are..." I scribbled down more words. I couldn't think of anything else, so I gave up. I pretty much did nothing the rest of the day, but eat and watch Netflix.

It was close to dinner time so I went downstairs, for literally the second time today. I was always cooped up in my room. My mom and I ate dinner, which consisted of steak and potatoes, before we both said our good nights. I climbed into bed and thought to myself....only 27 more days.

Sorry I know this is a short and boring chapter but I needed a filler chapter... Btw the song I used that she was writing is Superstar by Taylor Swift which was kind of my inspiration for this story so ya... 😁